• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Torrent bloke in prison

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torrent bloke in prison

So hitting the new is the bloke from Japan who is now in prison for sharing 3 films via using the torrent P2P.

I can't understand how he went to prison.

Okay so you are seeding a file - 10 people are downloading off you, of which the 10 people are also downloading off each other.

So you may have given 10% to each leecher. The other 90% of the file gets downloaded from the leechers.

The 10% of the file is useless without the remaining 90%.

There must have been so many arguments for the defence but still he went to prison - I should have been his brief.

Your Honour - My client was downloading a backup copy of a film he already owned. And was unaware that after this backup was downloaded it would be freely available to download from his machine.

Your Honour - Did the plaintiff download the whole file from my client?
    If so please provide evidence - I put it to you that maybe as little as .01% came from my clients PC. This small amount of 1's & 0's could not be classed as a film of any sorts

You Honour - All the plaintiff can prove is that a small part of a data file was held on my clients PC - I would like to see the evidence that the whole file was ever there.

Just a few arguments that a half trained brief should have called upon

tulip there are blue lights outside my house.

Must press the big red butto…..

WC2 in being dragged off to prison mode.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Your honour: My PC was compromised without my knowledge since it was left on permanantly. I assume during that time various security holes in my operating system software where exploited and certain aspects of it's resources where utilised by a third party for illicit purposes.

Comment

Your honour: My PC was compromised without my knowledge. I thought I was only playing some music, not installing a rootkit that would let anyone and their dog have full control of my machine. As evidence of my innocence Sony corps web logs will show that I was actually playing Van Zant, Get Right with the Man at the time.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Most 'free' P2P software is riddled with spyware.. blame it on that.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Your honour: someone had connected to my wireless router......and then were able to access my PC as this is on 24/7 I was unaware................
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Your honour. I operate a service similar to a library. People are welcome to borrow or try out my material, there is a text file in my library explaining that all materials are copyrighted and must not be copied or that any copy should be paid for but it is beyond my power to know what they do with the material later.Why isnt the British library in court?
            Why arent xerox in court?
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
            X