• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That is it : I am becoming a programmer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    My brain is completly math incapable... said in other words ....illogical.
    Then forget being a programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Save time - just truncate the table and blame it on the previous developer.

Job done.

(Maybe this is why I can't find any work at the moment??)
      Truncate it ??????????

I'd like to fkng Trunknine it

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
        Goto You Tube, search for standford. They have 3 courses of video lectures that take you from non programmer to expert.
        Stanford

That's a handy bit of knowledge, thank you.

This comes from the Stanford Engineering Everywhere (see) materials. There are freely downloadable handouts and everything.

Programming Methodology (CS106A): http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...A56BC7F4A1F852
        Programming Methodology is an introduction to the engineering of computer applications emphasizing modern software engineering principles: object-oriented design, decomposition, encapsulation, abstraction, and testing. Uses the Java programming language. Emphasis is on good programming style and the built-in facilities of the Java language.

Programming Abstractions (CS 106B): http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...6E58F856038C69
        Programming Abstractions is the successor to CS 106A and covers more advanced programming topics such as recursion, algorithmic analysis, and data abstraction. It is taught using the C++ programming language, which is similar to both C and Java. In the past when both CS 106A and CS106B were taught in C/C++, the coupling between the two classes was very tight and it was unheard for students to take CS106B without having completed our CS 106A (we recommended CS 106X instead). Nowadays, some students do go straight into CS106B, this is typically appropriate for a student who done well in an intro programming course and has sufficient familiarity with good programming style and software engineering issues (at the level of CS 106A) to use this understanding as a foundation on which to tackle advanced topics.

Programming Paradigms (CS107): http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...558D49CA734A02
        Programming Paradigms introduces several programming languages, including C, Assembly, C++, Concurrent Programming, Scheme, and Python. The class aims to teach students how to write code for each of these individual languages and to understand the programming paradigms behind these languages.
        Last edited by RichardCranium; 10 January 2010, 14:00. Reason: Improved the links and text
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          The trick with programming is to get your table structure right. If you dont have control of the table structure, and its not right, you can be in line for a world of pain.
          I am working on a legacy system, two main tables
          table1 primary key is a long
          table2 foreign key to table1 primary key is a varchar

some days I just want to die

Tables? WTF have Tables got to do with Programming?

Sorry EO, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Tables? WTF have Tables got to do with Programming?

Sorry EO, couldn't resist.
            you make one little mistake. one little error
            a teeny weeny error

will they let you live it down ? b@st@rds

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              you make one little mistake. one little error
              a teeny weeny error

will they let you live it down ? b@st@rds

Now, that my friend is what programming is all about!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                So, do ternary computers have a future?
                There are 20 types of people. Those that understand ternary, those that don't, and those that aren't sure. Or something.

Seriously why is this thread about programming going on about databases? Next people will be claiming to be programmers because they can lay out a form, automate some system process, or switch on a computer and install Visual Studio.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  There are 20 types of people. Those that understand ternary, those that don't, and those that aren't sure. Or something.
                  I think you'll find that's an error...

00 - 0
                  01 - 1
                  02 - 2
                  10 - 3
                  11 - 4
                  12 - 5
                  20 - 6
                  21 - 7
                  22 - 8

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Next people will be claiming to be programmers because they can lay out a form, automate some system process, or switch on a computer and install Visual Studio.
                    I know a guy who says he can program .... in HTML

I consider this laughable.

Comment

Im a C# dev, means I never need to worry about work, ever!.

Comment

Working...
                      X