• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market collapse in November

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    I think Santa's system works because all investment bankers use automated trading systems based on technical analysis, which make it self fulfilling prophecy.
    Ah ok, I didnt know that, now we can all get rich!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      I think Santa's system works because all investment bankers use automated trading systems based on technical analysis, which make it self fulfilling prophecy.
      It works because price has a memory, even going back 10 years.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Eh? Sounds like homeopathy.

Comment

I agree that there are some prices like round numbers that have strong reactions but it can be difficult to predict that reaction

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
            I agree that there are some prices like round numbers that have strong reactions but it can be difficult to predict that reaction
            Yep, round numbers have a reaction.

Now combine the round numnbers with a level on the higher timeframes where price has rejected 3 times and a fibonacci retracement or two and the odds are stacked much higher in your favour.

Then use a 15minute entry technique to get you into the trade and aggresive risk management to get your risk out of the trade quickly.

Aim for a profit target at least two or three times what you have risked (based again on support/resistance levels).

And only take trades that present the above opportunities, stalking them like a hunter.

And thats how you do it! But of course, with years of practice and a little intuition.

Comment

Now combine the round numnbers with a level on the higher timeframes where price has rejected 3 times and a fibonacci retracement or two and the odds are stacked much higher in your favour.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Well, I did say it will take more than one post to explain this!

Comment

Yep, round numbers have a reaction.

Then use a 15minute entry technique to get you into the trade and aggresive risk management to get your risk out of the trade quickly.

Aim for a profit target at least two or three times what you have risked (based again on support/resistance levels).

And only take trades that present the above opportunities, stalking them like a hunter.

And thats how you do it! But of course, with years of practice and a little intuition.
                  Sounds like it could work, I suppose if you practised enought you might get a feel for it. I would prefer to tradeon daily charts and let trades run for 2-3 days. A daily pin bar at a extreme high or low. Trouble is you need a few 100k account to make it worth while (if using 1% account risk per trade).

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
                    Sounds like it could work, I suppose if you practised enought you might get a feel for it. I would prefer to tradeon daily charts and let trades run for 2-3 days. A daily pin bar at a extreme high or low. Trouble is you need a few 100k account to make it worth while (if using 1% account risk per trade).
                    Yep, thats why my "bread and butter" trading is on the 15min chart with reference to 4hr levels. 20-30 pip stoplosses rather than 200 pips.

Pinbars are good, but I would rather take that pin before it has formed, when it looks like a solid bearish/bullish candle and with a much smaller stop. That way I can remove the risk from my trade a lot quicker.

OK, thats it from me for now. Got to get back to the charts.

Comment

OK, thats it from me for now. Got to get back to the charts.

Runes

Comment

Working...
                      X