• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last day - Make room on that bench say I

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
    Try talking to people rather than a fake cheap gesture.
    Im proud of being a fake cheap gesture kinda guy

Comment

Don't underestimate the power of sticky buns.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Dont forget the obligitory raid of the stationary cupboard.

Comment

1. Get your timesheet approved

2. See 1.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
            company EMP
            30 minutes per day which is fair enough Im not paid to surf but there was no work to do and I mean nothing, nishter, nada, like watching paint dry for 8 hours a day, secure site so we're not allowed dongles, usb's or anything remotely peripheral, designed them a reporting database as a freeby for something to do and it wasnt even my job, went throught their service improvement plan, all that was left was the solice of the internet
            Sounds to me like there was plenty of time for pot-noodling....

At least you would have been paid for it. Now you're going to be stuck at home hoping the missus doesn't barge in on you.
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

I actually tried being nice once - I bought a load of turkish delight back with me - nobody liked it and it got binned.

As for buying them lot cakes - I couldn't wait to get away. i didn't want to come back!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Exactly. What do you think sticks in the mind of permies more? The fantastic software system no one uses the week after you left or the luxury M&S cake mountain you left on that Friday?

"Hi just catching up, I was Bob the contractor, you remember, the one that bought 500 black forest gateau's on my leaving do".
                Oh yes, I remember you Bob. Three of our staff dropped dead from obesity a month after you left.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  Oh yes, I remember you Bob. Three of our staff dropped dead from obesity a month after you left.
                  Excellent, so you'll be needing someone to replace them

Comment

I used to work at a Bank where there were a particularly hard drinking bunch of Unix sa's. It was a joint leaving do and we had cards behind the bar for drinks. When I looked around at about 8:30pm there was a table full of large flaming sambucas. Final bill came to £900 of which I copped £400, never again....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
                      I used to work at a Bank where there were a particularly hard drinking bunch of Unix sa's. It was a joint leaving do and we had cards behind the bar for drinks. When I looked around at about 8:30pm there was a table full of large flaming sambucas. Final bill came to £900 of which I copped £400, never again....
                      Sambuca

I poured half a bottle of that down the sink the other day... even the smell made me heave! I have a really nice little Mullberry handbag that has Sambuca stains on it, that hurts me more than the sambuca puke hurts.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X