• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James May and Airfix kits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Didn't the Meccano 10 come with a wooden case with drawers to hold it all? I had a cousin that had that.
    Yes it did. I've a vague memory that you didn't get the case if you went the upgrade route.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I used to do airfix models. I liked the displays you'd see in the shops with models hung from the roof on string. I attempted to recreate it but when they went wrong turned them into crashed planes for my 'display'. As time went on I built up a large collection of 'crashed planes' and but no finished ones to hang up. I told people that the battle finished ages ago and they buggered off
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        I used to do airfix models. I liked the displays you'd see in the shops with models hung from the roof on string. I attempted to recreate it but when they went wrong turned them into crashed planes for my 'display'. As time went on I built up a large collection of 'crashed planes' and but no finished ones to hang up. I told people that the battle finished ages ago and they buggered off
        I once got a scalpel and some hot pins.

Took the flamethrower off of an american marine, the head of a german fallshirmjaeger and the crawling body of some othe plastic soldier.

I ended up with a crawling paratroop flamethrower man. Painted him up in camoflage smock colours. He was only one inch long, but I loved that little nazi.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          We watched a telly program last night - all of us and it was very entertaining - shock horror!

James May was attempting to make a life size airfix kit of a spitfire,and he got a bunch of people to then help him put it together. I really enjoyed it - problem is that Pogle Jr now wants an airfix kit - can anyone out there advise on an easy one to start off with?
          I would actually start by asking if Pogle Jr. likes any certain periods of aviation or warfare? For example I was reading biggles at his age and that got me wanting to recreate what he and his pals were flying in. (I am sure someone will insert the usual innuendo soon )

Or does she drag / beg you to go to certain areas in museums to look at spitfires or something else like tanks etc?

I started on German WWI planes as they were for the most part brightly coloured, The Red Baron for example.

1:72 scale and get Dad to do the decals until he gets the hang of them (I never did!)

Warning this may drive her to have you tearing around the country to go look at various museums etc. If that is the case Duxford will solve all problems

HTH
          Last edited by Swiss Tony; 28 October 2009, 11:42.
          "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            So that made me do a Google search (there are THOUSANDS of web pages with both 'Airfix' and 'dildo' )

Anyway, I came across the following gem. It is an 'inappropriate item stuck in an inappropriate place' story. It's text and it's NSFW. Stinky linky.

My eyes MY EYES!
            "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

This might be a good one to get. It's a starter kit with the paints and brushes included.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/c...-200909232085/

Comment

Gosh how very witty of you - suggesting a dildo for my 9 year old daughter, you must be very proud.
                  Not remotely inappropriate or offensive eh?
                  Gosh you're right. What if you had actually bought her one. Oh, wait... you and your daughter are not the same person and she (I hope) doesn't come on CUK too much.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We watched a telly program last night - all of us and it was very entertaining - shock horror!

James May was attempting to make a life size airfix kit of a spitfire,and he got a bunch of people to then help him put it together. I really enjoyed it - problem is that Pogle Jr now wants an airfix kit - can anyone out there advise on an easy one to start off with?
                    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    The Airfix Dildo is the easiest to put together but you must wait for the glue to dry before using.
                    Actually re-reading your first post I think we need a new higher horse for Pogle to get onto. Your initial comment does not mention the sex of your child. Also since Airfix models were generally the domain of boys and and didlos are generally the domain of women, I think it is safe to assume that the 'didlo kit' was aimed at you and not your child.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Oh dear, have I hurt some poor blokes feelings - what a shame eh?

I should know better than to ask a simple and straightforward question on this board populated by near Neanderthals who think sex with a pumpkin is the height of sophistication.

There are some reasonable folk on here who are quite genuinely funny and helpful and then there are the misogynistic bed-wetting trouts with minds filled with the rotting pus of innuendo, suggestion and unimaginable sexual couplings.

Oh I feel better for that rant
                      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X