• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regional accents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    There are many variations on "geordie" up here...it's just that you soft southern shi tes don't notice the subtle differences.
    I said Geordie because it was in Newcastle where I did my best man bit. I had a mate from Sunderland and there was a noticeable difference with his macam(sp?) accent.

When people talk about the Brummie accent its often really the Black Country accent they imitate; the later is stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
      Strange that I have never had any problems with any N. Irish accents. Perhaps the most diificult Irish accent to decipher for me is a proper rural Kerry accent.
      I think in NI it's not just the accent, it is all the slang and local references, which they tend to drop once the leave NI.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        I don't know quite why, but when I hear that girl speak it makes me think of Alan Carr.

Whichone is Alan Carr? The camp one or the one with black hair?

Comment

Originally posted by bekarovka View Post
          Whichone is Alan Carr? The camp one or the one with black hair?
          The black one with the camp hair?
          You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Oh, I got it now, he wrote a book on how to give up smoking

Comment

Oh, I got it now, he wrote a book on how to give up smoking
              You have a Polish accent, don't you?
              You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                You have a Polish accent, don't you?
                No, but my grandparents had Ukrainian accents! I pretty much speak Home Counties BBC.

Comment

No, but my grandparents had Ukrainian accents! I pretty much speak Home Counties BBC.
                  hmm BBC - Moyles, Nicky Cambell, Jim Naughty those two off the One Show...

Comment

Working...
                  X