• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car fit for a contractor/CEO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It's an ugly looking choped up monstrosity of a car, and IIRC at the time was slated for the chasis, certainly the roadster was
    Don`t believe everything of what you read. Didn`t the midget off of Top Gear really like the chassis and grip of the early roadsters? Anyway, the Coupe especially is a cracker, even in non-///M form. Should hold value well (hopefully) as they are reasonably rare.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
      Don`t believe everything of what you read. Didn`t the midget off of Top Gear really like the chassis and grip of the early roadsters? Anyway, the Coupe especially is a cracker, even in non-///M form. Should hold value well (hopefully) as they are reasonably rare.
      It's a bit hardcore for baggy, he likes pensioners cars like Hondas, nice and soft for his piles. He also doesn't think torque is important, instead he thinks it is nice to drive with 9,000 rpm dialed up all day with his ear defenders on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Pimp my tractor?
        Con my tractor, pimp?
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Topgear car ratings are generally determined by a roll of the dice

take a guess at the comfort score that accompanies this piece. I'll draw your attention to one sentance in particular:
          Morris Marina?

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Back in Ireland at the moment, current mode of transport is a white Berlingo

Next month it will be push bike.

I started out in contracting with a Merc.

Am I doing something wrong.
            Same here, might have to seel my beloved RAV next month to get me through the next few months.

Comment

Why do you want a car??

- nothing but an expensive pain in the ass that's becoming increasingly un-PC by the second.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                Why do you want a car??

- nothing but an expensive pain in the ass that's becoming increasingly un-PC by the second.

PZZ
                Ain't got much choice when you live in the middle of nowhere!

Comment

Why do you want a car??

PZZ
                  Because I will start to visit customers at their offices. And it is not time efficient to go by pubic transport to some chemical plant in the middle of nowhere 200km away.

So far I have been here for almost 2 and a half years and I have not needed a car as I have gone to the same client co office every day. Thus I have not got a car here yet. Now I will need it - then I will get it.

Simlpes - and explained in the initial post

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    Because I will start to visit customers at their offices. And it is not time efficient to go by pubic transport to some chemical plant in the middle of nowhere 200km away.

So far I have been here for almost 2 and a half years and I have not needed a car as I have gone to the same client co office every day. Thus I have not got a car here yet. Now I will need it - then I will get it.

Simlpes - and explained in the initial post
                    If you need a car for a day, hire one, why waste money and driveway space buying one??

Car hire = still 100% tax deductible in the UK I believe.

PZZ

Comment

If you need a car for a day, hire one, why waste money and driveway space buying one??

Car hire = still 100% tax deductible in the UK I believe.

PZZ
                      Don't be a muppet.

Think kerbside jewellry.

Comment

Working...
                      X