• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The real climate change catastrophe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    Every time you fill up your tank with petrol you pay about 64% to the Government. You gladly pay these taxes because you believe that it is your duty to save the environment.
    Does anyone know how many billions the government collects
    in fuel taxes. Where will they get the same amount of money when the fuel
    runs out one day? Tax on wind turbines?
    Wasn't it Sheik Y'amani that said the western governments make more money out of oil than the Arabs do selling it.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Every time you fill up your tank with petrol you pay about 64% to the Government. You begrudgingly pay these taxes because you believe that the environment doesn't need saving as there's nothing wrong with it.

HTH
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Climate Change- another pointless argument brought on by those who believe that they have found another way of making money.

Does anyone seriously believe that the human race will survive long enough to see the sun explode and kill us all in 3 billion years whatever we do to save the planet in the meantime??

PZZ

Comment

Every time you fill up your tank with petrol you pay about 64% to the Government. You gladly pay these taxes because you believe that it is your duty to save the environment.
          More likely to be tax on fusion generators.
          Last edited by BrilloPad; 26 October 2009, 11:37.

Comment

He is right about asbestos AFAIK. Studies covered the blue sort and the white sort was simply assumed to present the same danger.

I hope so anyway, in a previous job before it was dangerous I used asbestos string to seal duct joints, we used a wall heater for four years that turned out to use asbestos string to support the elements and my garage has an asbestos ceiling.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X