• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George Best

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Good point, many of the most talented people go off the rails. In football alone, look at Gascoigne, Maradona, even Rooney. I believe their tendency to "go for it" is what made them great players in the first place.

If that were true, then he wouldn't be in the news any more. He is what he is now. Having been a great footballer does not make him a great man.
    He is the news because the likes of you and I are interested in him (if you are not interested in him then why enter a discussion?). Some of us remember his football, and others are taken by the legend, just like any other historical figure. Some of us sneer and say we should not be interested in these people. The point is that they have had considerable impact on the lives of so many others and will continue to do so long after they depart. The fact that they are news is part of human nature. Live with it.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      Yeah, you wonder why they bother transplanting hearts and livers, I mean it's not as if the recipient is going to live for ever is it? What a waste!
      You could say that the taxes raised from the sales of alcohol on account of keeping George alive can pay for more doctors
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        The fact that they are news is part of human nature. Live with it.
        This is my point Dodgy, you have to live with it too. People are entitled to criticise Best for what he is today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
          Yeah, you wonder why they bother transplanting hearts and livers, I mean it's not as if the recipient is going to live for ever is it? What a waste!
          I agree, I would have put the liver to much better use:

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            You could say that the taxes raised from the sales of alcohol on account of keeping George alive can pay for more doctors
            Good point vis-a-vis people who smoke as well. 20 fags a day raises about £1200 a year for the tax man.

Comment

Wtf?

This is my point Dodgy, you have to live with it too. People are entitled to criticise Best for what he is today.
              Oh right, that's OK then.
              I'll tell you what, don't those disabled people get on your tits, crowding up the place with their wheelchairs. And all those sick people, if we just let them all die we wouldn't need hospitals, think how much money we could save.
              Why not?

Comment

Good point vis-a-vis people who smoke as well. 20 fags a day raises about £1200 a year for the tax man.
                That is five Indian software developers for 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
                  I agree, I would have put the liver to much better use:

That is a tasteless joke Noddy

Comment

I think you may have missed my point a little,
                    all i was really trying to say is that given the chance, someone else may
                    have had a greater chance of life, rather than giving this pigskin
                    kicking ungrateful another go at it.

Don't get me wrong, I like football, I just don't agree with all this non
                    sense about George Best. There have been some great players over the
                    years, him being one of them, but they haven't all drunk themselves to death.

Tough, deal with it is what i say.

Comment

And there of course is the problem

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
                      I think you may have missed my point a little,
                      all i was really trying to say is that given the chance, someone else may
                      have had a greater chance of life, rather than giving this pigskin
                      kicking ungrateful another go at it.

Don't get me wrong, I like football, I just don't agree with all this non
                      sense about George Best. There have been some great players over the
                      years, him being one of them, but they haven't all drunk themselves to death.

Tough, deal with it is what i say.
                      MAY have had a greater chance. MAY.
                      And anyway we all die, so why bother with transplants for anybody?
                      Why not?

Comment

Working...
                      X