• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Button in frame for McLaren drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    Button is the luckiest driver in history ... Brawn himsilf won that championship. Button was in the right place at the right time. He took a pay cut because he had no other options to go elsewhere.
    Yes exactly, because when it was him and Barrichello in the same car they were totally evenly matched!!!

I read an interesting blog post on (I think) the BBC, the premise of which was that Button is un-matchable in a perfect car, but if there's even the slightest thing wrong with it, he struggles. Other drivers can't match him when he's got a perfect car but don't fall off as much when they have a below perfect vehicle.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Yes exactly, because when it was him and Barrichello in the same car they were totally evenly matched!!!

I read an interesting blog post on (I think) the BBC, the premise of which was that Button is un-matchable in a perfect car, but if there's even the slightest thing wrong with it, he struggles. Other drivers can't match him when he's got a perfect car but don't fall off as much when they have a below perfect vehicle.
      that was pretty much evident by the driving for half the season when the car wasn't up to scratch
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I doubt Button will go to McClaren as he won't want to play second fiddle to Hamilton.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I doubt Button will go to McClaren as he won't want to play second fiddle to Hamilton.
          £10M buries a lot of feelings
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Does anyone know whether Massa is coming back next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Dong View Post
              Spring?

Comment

Originally posted by Dong View Post
                Yes.

There were years at Ferrari where Barichello was nowhere compared to Schumacher, and other years when they were quite close. Different drivers react to different cars, but only the true great drivers consistently win in varying cars.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Spring?
                  Didn't see that coming

Comment

Working...
                  X