• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BNP Demos - Why ? FFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This headline

If this can be fleshed out more I think it the equivalent of a political atom bomb.

I think the BBC and mainstream parties conspired with a wink and a nod to discredit Nick Griffin totally.

What they seem to have succeeded in doing is making the BBC look impartial by staging this modern day witch burning, and victimizing NG(Who admittedly didnt do himself any favours), and essentially providing a powerful allegory of the people whose interests NG represents.

I think the strategy of character assassination was attempted to try and get NG's personal failings to mask the issues that he is campaigning on.

Hopefully the outcome of this charade will be positive as when the dust settles there will be a gaping hole in both mainstream parties manifestos regarding issues such as immigration.

IMO it is poetically ironic that the BNP may be the catalyst that provides the best example I have seen for a long time of a functioning parliamentary democracy, albeit by strange means
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

For a start, the immigration committee Frank Field and Nicholas Soames chair should investigate. I like to think Brits are tolerant, but to be made part of a politically motivated social experiment will drive more people into voting for the far right.

Comment

BNP leader Nick Griffin blasts BBC over Question Time (YouTube)

Comment

BNP will never come into power.There are too many foreigners living in UK to allow that

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Interesting proposals, which, no doubt will be ignored. This time next week this will all be a distant memory, overshadowed by a new government scandal/indiscretion/allegation (delete as appropriate), and NG will be left jumping up and down in the background still demanding his "fair trial".

You're playing with the "big boys" now NG, and they don't play fair.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

The truth is out there at last. Surprised it doesn't mention part 2 of the conspiracy, that the grateful new immigrants would of course vote Labour to ensure the continuation of the policy, benefits, all their relatives to come over etc. A Thousand Year Reich of Labour power, perpetually increasing their voter base.

Comment

Why does it appear that left wing organisations (and possibly some right wing ones too) will never allow anyone else to have a point of view unless it is theirs? They always seem to organise demo's and try to shout above the debate - is it because they do not feel that they could debate in a calm controlled manner or are they just like the playground bully? That is just my perception of them.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
                  the grateful new immigrants would of course vote Labour to ensure the continuation of the policy
                  They ain't getting a vote from me!

Comment

Saw the film Serenity a few days ago. The following quote could so easily be directed at Gordon. If only we could get him to follow through with this practice

"You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords"

Comment

Working...
                    X