• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London City Mum Blog

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferret View Post
    She seems to be doing OK:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sayara-beg/3/764/8a0

Not bad for someone who seemed to be totally incapable of managing her own finances!
    "Current* MIS/Business Intelligence Consultant at Deutsche Bank"

I thought banks would not accept people who won't pass credit check as they are high risk? Oh wait you mean her state of finances is NORMAL and she'd pass credit check with ease?

Comment

Then the manager (who is really her customer, not her manager) is making stuff up without authority. You could call your next plumber a Junior Sanitation Assistant, but it wouldn't make him one.

Comment

Going back to the original blog:

01 September 2009 3:09 PM
        London City Mum

While trying to abide by the “Work to live, not live to work” motto, it bears noting that working to preserve your sanity also plays a big part when you have three small children.

Who am I? Former investment banker who moved to ‘the dark side’, aka technology, some 10 years ago, and still wondering whether I should have opted for that position as first mate on a racing yacht instead.
        Currently dealing with imminent redundancy, job hunting, household chores, long-suffering husband and young children. Not necessarily in that order. Oh yes, and writing, of course.
        Talk about a stupid career move!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Then the manager (who is really her customer, not her manager) is making stuff up without authority. You could call your next plumber a Junior Sanitation Assistant, but it wouldn't make him one.
          I stayed at a hotel in the US and the free newspapers at reception had a sticker with an address on them. Each one was addressed to the Vice President of housekeeping services at the Courtyard Marriott Cary!

So the second in charge cleaner then!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Up till yesterday I thought Subway had the best job title inflation with its "Sandwich Artists". But then I bought a burrito from Benito's Hat and was served by an "Ambassador"!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Up till yesterday I thought Subway had the best job title inflation with its "Sandwich Artists". But then I bought a burrito from Benito's Hat and was served by an "Ambassador"!
              Naaah the Yanks will always win that title. As in the case at the hotel. As there is a VP then presumably there is a P of house keeping sercvices and possibly even a senior VP in there also. There will also be people in house keeping services who do not have a V or P in their name who report to the SVP/VP and P

At the place I worked out there in one dept they had multiple jnr VP's, multiple VP's and a few SVP all reporting to one P and nobody below the Jnr VP
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

In Septic land, the lowest grade is Manager or Executive. If you meet someone who has not got that grade then they are probably an illegal.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  "Current* MIS/Business Intelligence Consultant at Deutsche Bank"

I thought banks would not accept people who won't pass credit check as they are high risk? Oh wait you mean her state of finances is NORMAL and she'd pass credit check with ease?
                  She lied to get the job.

HTH

Comment

There must be somebody on here who works there. Perhaps they would like to vouch for her. Is she as much of a ****witt as she sounds?

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      Naaah the Yanks will always win that title. As in the case at the hotel. As there is a VP then presumably there is a P of house keeping sercvices and possibly even a senior VP in there also. There will also be people in house keeping services who do not have a V or P in their name who report to the SVP/VP and P

At the place I worked out there in one dept they had multiple jnr VP's, multiple VP's and a few SVP all reporting to one P and nobody below the Jnr VP
                      Do US prostitutes ever get beyond vice-president?

IGMC...
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X