• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Good Grief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    PS can you help my missus with "the ethics of public speaking for personal gain" problem that I have?
    A thinly veiled reference to your penile dysfunction no doubt. Perhaps you should think of all those contractors you have screwed over the years whilst you are in the saddle. Seems to give most agents a stiffy.

Dr. Jabber

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      Just phoned an agent about a simple Crystal role up the road. Little below my usual rate but I though £300pd for a couple of weeks up the road was great. But I had been beaten to it.

A contractor had been placed. The agent said to me - Yeah he's written 10000 reports - have you?

"Errr No?" was the reply.
      "Oh well he has"
      "How much did you place this whizz for then?"
      "£220 p/d and the next one only wanted £200"
      "Oh Ok. Cant compete with that. Was his name Billy?" - I asked
      "What Billy Whizz?"
      "No Billy Bulltulipter!"
      "Why" Asked the naive agent.

Well work it out. 10000 reports at 1 hour a report(bear minimum) is over 5 years of work with no toilet breaks, lunch, holidays etc etc at 100% utilization with no meetings and someone that good aint gonna charge that.

"Sniff sniff. I smell BULLtulip"
      I got called about a role needing VBA And Crystal Reports yesterday in WC1. They wanted to pay £20 p/hr. (well it's either that or cry). Told her bottom was £25 for 8 hours a day)

Comment

VBA And Crystal Reports....

...surely though skills like VBA and Crystal can't be considered top rung (even managers can use them!), so its not surprising if they offer low rates?

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
          Told her bottom was £25 for 8 hours a day)
          Some agents will try and sell anything. Still at that price she won't be able to sit down for weeks.

Comment

Working...
          X