• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overtime rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat rate like it or lump it.

I refuse to do any.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I don't do overtime - if I need to do overtime, I'm not doing my job properly.
      Most of my overtime comes from other people not doing their jobs properly.
      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
        Most of my overtime comes from other people not doing their jobs properly.
        Ditto. I also encourage it... Home baked architectures: loadsa money!
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'm a PM and my project goes live over a weekend so I need to do the overtime. I'll go for double time and see how the land lies.

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
            I'm a PM and my project goes live over a weekend so I need to do the overtime. I'll go for double time and see how the land lies.
            You do realise that PM's are responsible for all pizza purchases required during weekend work?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Yep... And the post project Indian meal

Comment

youse PM's are as bad as them MP's I've reading about in the Mail

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Written into my contract - time and half Saturdays, double time for Sundays and public holidays. I think in 4 years, I've done two Saturdays at 1.5. I did do one Saturday for normal rates, but it was my choice to work that day - the client didn't ask me to.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yep... And the post project Indian meal
                    You mean you only buy the indian developers a meal, once they have finished the project. I knew their salaries were low, but thats rediculous!!

Comment

If I have to stay late I will just leave early another day. Means less ******* about with tulip.

Comment

Working...
                      X