• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent Good Films

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Good Films

Anyone seen any good films at the Cinema lately?

Thinking of going to see Santa and the Snowman at the local IMAX in Manchester.
    Last edited by ancient; 19 November 2005, 21:47. Reason: corrected the spelling to keep Doggy happy

Originally posted by ancient
    Anyone seen any good films at the Cinima lately?

Thinking of going to see Santa and the Snowman at the local IMAX in Manchester.
    That'll be the one with Snow White and the big bad wolf then...

Comment

Little Red Ridinghood and Snow White have not teamed up yet; I guess we will have to wait

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I'm sure I've seen an artistic presentation of Snow White and Red RidingHood.

Think they were behind the Green Door, but I might be mistaken...

I think I've seen that film. Don't think it's legal in this country
        Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I'm sure I've seen an artistic presentation of Snow White and Red RidingHood.
          I'd like to see a Ken Russell version of that
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Aleksei Balabanov

Well not recent but I watched Brat and Brat 2 (Brat = Brother) last night and ,IMHO, gives a guy a lot to think about.

Recommeded.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
              Well not recent but I watched Brat and Brat 2 (Brat = Brother) last night and ,IMHO, gives a guy a lot to think about.

Recommeded.
              Among the endlessly-repeated dross on Sky, I've seen a couple of gems over the last few weeks:

Big Trouble is a hilarious complicated caper about a suitcase nuclear bomb, a kind of Yank "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" with a lower body count. Come to think of it hardly anyone gets killed, although the hitman played by Dennis Farina (the guy with the moustache who's practically cornered the market in playing the mafia boss in this kind of comedy) tries his best throughout. Definitely worth watching if it comes up again.

Route 9 looked fairly unpromising at first, but turned out to have a clever plot and was very watchable. It's about a couple of cops who arrive at the scene after a drug deal shootout and decide to keep the money.
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 20 November 2005, 17:18.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" was funny Harry "Cronic" Jnr and Val kilmer star. Its a Hollywood Crime caper.

French film "The Beat That My Heart Skipped" is a good thug with a passion for piano playing type movie.

"Murderball" was an interesting doc, the wheelchair rugby internationals.

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" was naff.

"Factotum" was boring, given that I am a Charles Bukowski fan it was disappointing.

Comment

French

La diner de cons , I found hilarious.

However in the light of recent event s in France it does trivialise some deep seated prejudices within french society, and the more politically correct (Therefore no memebers of this board should have to worry) may find it a bit offensive
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                  X