• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chasing the Aurora

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Doubtful... I wonder if those companies know that he's listed them as places he has worked?

Jesus Christ..... what a looney!
    He's got 7 recommendations on LinkedIn, so "someone" must know him.

You're just upset because now we all know that your stalker really did have something seriously wrong with him
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      To be fair to him, he did mention that he had mental health problems. In fact he mentioned it regularly, it was almost "Hey everyone, I've got mental problems but I don't like to talk about them... much".
      Here's a few samples:

When I'm off my meds I get super, super creative meaning I can patent things like a fiend
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/949288-post11.html
      Has to be said, I'm sitting here with a small gin and tonic and the voices in my head singing in unison "You rock, you rock, you rock"
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/949141-post4.html
      I find it a worry that the new Mental Health Act gives the "authorities" the right to detain someone even though they're not acting in a way that makes them a danger to themselves or others or committing any crime.
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/940302-post7.html
      Bet I'm looniest ... I make the late, great Terence Alan Patrick Seán Milligan look like a figure of sanity, regrettably.
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tml#post936403

Doesn't sound any less sane than the average CUKer

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Was he on here under another name previously?

Did he get banned?
        He was / is chasingtheaurora.

Wasn't banned, but once the bigamy news broke, for some reason he stopped posting under that ID
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Was he on here under another name previously?

Did he get banned?
          Yeah - he was "ChasingtheAurora" - duped some of us (myself included) into sponsoring his trek to the NorthPole or where ever it was he was going...

After it was all in the papers the last time, he was banned (I thought) ... I can't remember if the police were involved - Admin would have to confirm that... he did a good job of sneaking back in, the crazy loon.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Hmm... Shall we see if he posts again under Menelaus from inside the nick? He can update us from the (slightly less comfortable) bench.

Is that bad taste or natural curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              He's got 7 recommendations on LinkedIn, so "someone" must know him.

You're just upset because now we all know that your stalker really did have something seriously wrong with him
              I know... I can't believe it didn't click with me - now I look back he was pretty similar (except for the stalking PM's etc...)
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It must be quite weird (and probably not an altogether pleasant experience) to be intelligent enough to realise that you are a mental case. Doesn't quite compute though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  To be fair to him, he did mention that he had mental health problems. In fact he mentioned it regularly, it was almost "Hey everyone, I've got mental problems but I don't like to talk about them... much".
                  Well he'd gravitated to the right place by winding up here at least.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Well he'd gravitated to the right place by winding up here at least.
                    We all do!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Yeah - he was "ChasingtheAurora" - duped some of us (myself included) into sponsoring his trek to the NorthPole or where ever it was he was going...
                      Be grateful he only (allegedly) wanted money from you, not to get married or something...

Comment

Working...
                      X