• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Laptop bag req'd.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing says "Nick me" like a purpose made laptop bag. Get a brief case or other anonymous rigid case and cut a foam block to take the machine and ancilliaries.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Crumpler do a massive range of messenger and rucksack style bags. Really good quality and seemingly indestructible.
      WHS

There isn't any question. Crumpler laptop bags rule. I just took my Hp laptop across the Tasman to Cairns in my Crumpler Extreme Embarassment (seriously that's what it's called).

The bag was brilliant *and* you don't look like some kind of business twat carrying a standard black laptop bag around...

Comment

My Hidesign leather shoulder bag also has a removeable laptop protector so quite natty in either role.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Any recommendations from the panel?

Messenger type preferred with padded area for laptop (up to 15") and separate area with pockets for all other carp.

Current one (Antler) has served me well but is getting a bit shabby and I don't think they do them anymore.

TIA
          PL
          I would recommend the Victorinox range. I have a small well padded one for my 10" that I use daily, and a large one with wheels that can hold a small amount of overnight kit.

I would not recommend carrying a 15" laptop around on a daily basis. They are not built to do that.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Pakuma are worth a look.
            WHS
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I have just caught myself frittering away the valuable hours and minutes of my life reading a thread about laptop bags. Is that all there is?

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
              In all of the directions it can whizz
              As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
              Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
              So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
              How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
              And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
              'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.
              Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
              X