• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of the postal service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by singhr View Post
    Ours only delivers junk mail addressed to The Occupier even though I filled in that 'no junk mail' request thingy over a year ago.
    Postmen hate the junk mail just as much as you do. Some even go to the trouble of making it 'disappear' before you get to see it. They do get paid a bit extra to deliver it though. Most people have good reliable postmen and I don't think we will get a better service for less cost than what we have now. It can only get worse or more expensive. The only area where savings could be made, IMO, are in the pensions package, but there should be bigger public sector targets to go for before lowly paid postmen.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      What would all the simpletons with regional accents do if they stopped running trade unions though?
      Well there's one in charge of the Tory party, so they'd find jobs somewhere.

Comment

I had Home Delivery Network deliver the new Terry Pratchett from Amazon this week.

Was it an issue?

Not to me, Amazon or Home Delivery Network.

It is for Royal Mail because they are losing business.

It is for their striking employees because if Royal Mail lose business then even more of them will lose their jobs.

I think maybe Darwin might have had something to say about Royal Mail employees.

Comment

Chief executive Adam Crozier has been awarded a total of £2.4m in performance bonuses since arriving at the company in 2003. The figure boosted his £3.6m salary over the period by two-thirds – but it does not include a series of further perks that have added millions to his pay package during his time at the troubled company...Royal Mail Group has paid its executive board members – who typically number between four and six at a time – a total of more than £22m in salaries alone. But the executives received £10.7m in performance-related bonuses...The bonus bill has risen from £616,000, shared between seven executives and the former non-executive chairman Allan Leighton in 2002/3, to £1.03m split by just four individuals last year.
          http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-1801011.html
          Boomed.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Boomed.
            Was Crozier not the one who advocated the delivery of junk mail as it made the Royal Mail a fortune? Any business model that suggests delivering the one entity that p1sses its customers off the most is the way forward is doomed to failure in my opinion.
            Anyway, can't say I have too much sympathy with them as they consistently seem to deliver me more than my fair share of bills!!!!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Was Crozier not the one who advocated the delivery of junk mail as it made the Royal Mail a fortune? Any business model that suggests delivering the one entity that p1sses its customers off the most is the way forward is doomed to failure in my opinion.
              Anyway, can't say I have too much sympathy with them as they consistently seem to deliver me more than my fair share of bills!!!!
              It looks as if Crozier is taking the mickey out of everyone. Sums up British management over the last 10 years.

Comment

Working...
              X