• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats your thermostat set to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19 as a compromise, if I had my way it would be 17, woman would want 21

Comment

We dont have a thermostat either. We can switch the heating higher or lower.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        19 as a compromise, if I had my way it would be 17, woman would want 21
        See my post above then ^
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I set it to 16...the wife 21...it yo-yo's between the two...

Comment

We play the yo-you game too and usually ends with me shouting 'I earn it - I burn it!' later in bed when we are not having I tend to regret it

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
              We play the yo-you game too and usually ends with me shouting 'I earn it - I burn it!' later in bed when we are not having I tend to regret it
              you could bribe her with what you saved on the heating bills
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

With so many options its a wonder women manage to choose any temperature!
                I've got half the women here that want it full on, the other half all want it off!
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Fiddling with your thermostat (fnarr) is all a bit pointless IMO.

Far better energy-saving by setting your boiler temperature down and control your heating on timer + TRVs. Most people have their boilers on 70-82 degs and don't know it. 55 degs does the job quite adequately for us at this time of year.

(It's quite tricky explaining this one to the missus mind)

Comment

Oh FFS.

If the missus is cold she isn't paying enough attention to how your dinner is coming along. It should be lovely and warm in the kitchen with the oven at 200 deg.

simples.

Comment

QUOTE=Pondlife;966824]Oh FFS.

If the missus is cold she isn't paying enough attention to how your dinner is coming along. It should be lovely and warm in the kitchen with the oven at 200 deg.

simples.[/QUOTE]

Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                      X