• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Understandung Recruitment Insultants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choose an agency that is a Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) member because they should be ethical, professional and work to high standards
    Make sure you trust them and therefore can listen to what they say
    We always respond to an email or phone contact
    Usually, you can expect to email or phone bout every two weeks, although Phillip says it’s not uncommon at ANY Consulting to speak every hour
    It’s important that you are able to trust the experience of your consultant – they are the professionals

Stop! Stop! I'm going to be sick! My sides. My sides!!!!!

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

"The professionals"

purleeeese

Or have Bodie and Doyle set up a recruitment agency, now I'd send them my CV, scary pimping tactics.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        as in
        http://www.nedprod.com/

hardly difficult to remember
        It looks like he's actually got a job - he must be about 30 now?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Stunning.

Quite quite stunning.

I originally started my "online virtual diary" long before the term "blog" came into being - over ten years ago now I was doing something which is considered commonplace today, but at that time was considered eccentric.
          He really does need droppnig a peg or 5
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

A serious question, after I have an interview, agents often are interested in knowing the exact questions the client has asked me. Why do you think that is??? Its not simple , how did it go, they sometimes want the details.

I am suspicious about the reason, frankly I have a feeling they ask because they want to know the questions to prep other candidate scheduled to interview for the same role? Not sure, but to be safe I always tell them that the client went through my CV and asked questions about projects I worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
              I am suspicious about the reason, frankly I have a feeling they ask because they want to know the questions to prep other candidate scheduled to interview for the same role?
              I think your suspicions are well founded

Agents make their money from information. Always a good idea to keep your cards very close to your chest
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Stunning.

Quite quite stunning.

Boring

What a fecking Luder!

As regards agents.... yesterdays rant still stands...

self-serving, procratinating, lying twats!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

A recruitment agent phoned me last week. His phone connected with mine, but for some reason he couldn't hear me (I could hear him, though).

After saying HELLO very loudly for a few seconds and listening to him eating an apple and a packet of crisps, I heard him utter the immortal words

"I'm supposed to be phoning that f*****g TestCat bird but she aint picking up her f*****g phone", at which point I got cut off.

I was really hoping he'd phone back, but he never did. What an absolute @rse.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                    A serious question, after I have an interview, agents often are interested in knowing the exact questions the client has asked me. Why do you think that is??? Its not simple , how did it go, they sometimes want the details.

I am suspicious about the reason, frankly I have a feeling they ask because they want to know the questions to prep other candidate scheduled to interview for the same role? Not sure, but to be safe I always tell them that the client went through my CV and asked questions about projects I worked on.
                    You really need to ask this?
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X