• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we on the verge of world war 3?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is the $ to fund the war ? Everybody is running low on war chest.

Comment

Get a copy of When The Wind Blows. Lot's of useful tips in there.

Comment

I can't help but notice the similarity between this and when the warmongering with Iraq started. Iran could well kick off with Israel, at any time. Then we'd all be fooked.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I can't help but notice the similarity between this and when the warmongering with Iraq started. Iran could well kick off with Israel, at any time. Then we'd all be fooked.
          All you and your like ever seem to do is whinge and moan about how terrible everything is and how we're all doomed. If things are so bad, why not just top yourself and be done with it?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Ah, I hate this world, good thing I`ve got another planet to go back to (according to some).

There`s a part of me that thinks all nations deserve nukes and therefore I think they won`t stop until they have developed enough to protect themselves, wanting what others have. If Iran suddenly announced they had enough nukes to wipe out Israel, do you really think they`d use them? Havng them might make them global players earning a little more respect. I think no matter what, nations we would prefer not to have nukes will acquire them, it`s managing that situation.

ANd what I hate is the fact that the Americans developed them and oh yes, dropped a few big bangers on Japan. Yeah right.....respect.....not.

I`t a bit like the upper class telling the working class they shouldn`t have money - to maintain their own position in society.

Of course I want this world kept safe but nothing stays the same forever. And life often comes down to survivial of the fittest.....or most powerful and wealthy?. I`m sure if the fireworks did happen there would be some survivors to rebuild something better of this world (hopefully). I`d prefer it if such countries didn`t have them but I also don`t think we should be starting wars to stop nuclear proliferation or to expand our empires especially when it`s in an area with huge oil reserves.

It has been predicted that the Americans will be the ones that need to be restrained in the future, when they lose their powerful position in the world
            Last edited by SuperZ; 3 October 2009, 10:49.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
              It has been predicted that the Americans will be the ones that need to be restrained in the future, when they lose their powerful position in the world
              The future is now. Obama made the right call on not putting those anti-missile systems in Poland and the Czech Republic. He just needs to make sure Ukraine doesn't join NATO, another potential WW3 trigger.

To peacefully resolve Iran he has to at least have the Russians on side (ideally China as well, but that'll be tougher), and to do that he has to recognise their spheres of influence.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                With this Iran stuff?

No.

Please no more bulls*** posts

Get a life

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
                  No.

Please no more bulls*** posts

Get a life
                  Last time I checked, Iran was a real country, with a very real geopolitical agenda. So this is not a bull**** post. Do you have an evil hangover?

I would call you a cretin, but the mods are about
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

No.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                      All you and your like ever seem to do is whinge and moan about how terrible everything is and how we're all doomed. If things are so bad, why not just top yourself and be done with it?
                      Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X