• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorways

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was Audi drivers these days?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Exactly. As a BMW driver I only ever use the other lanes to join and leave the motorway.
      Are you one of the very small number who has paid extra for a switch to turn the foglights off?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        So you are going faster than 70 mph or not when you overtake on the inside?

If so, I thought you said the speed limit was the same, or does that just apply to everyone else?
        no, I usually end up undertaking <70
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

http://www.howmotorwayswork.co.uk/middle_lane.htm For the middle lane fraternity otherwise known as the Middle Lane Owners Club (or total t0ssers if you prefer).

http://www.howmotorwayswork.co.uk/fast_lane.htm For the outside lane obsessed (also total t0ssers).

I'm pretty fed up with driving on 3-5 lane roads that have been converted to 1-2 lanes by inconsiderate morons who refuse to drive on the left as we're all required to by law.

I'm about to set off for my 280 mile trip North where I will encounter hundreds if not thousands of Middle and Outside Lane Owners Club members selfishly hogging lanes and ignoring empty lanes to their left.

Comment

Most motorways here are two lanes. But there are instances of three and more lanes. Confuses the fsck out of them. Nearly as funny as watching them negotiating roundabouts, of which there aren't that many either.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Yep I knew some tool would drag this up.

It is not against the law. The HC is only an advisory document.

The police have tried to bring several prosecutions for 'undertaking' on motorways and lost them all to my knowledge.
              Last edited by BolshieBastard; 2 October 2009, 16:58.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Yep I knew some tool would drag this up.

It is not against the law. The HC is only an advisory document.

The police have tried to bring several prosecutions for 'undertaking' on motorways and lost them all to my knowledge.

Correct. The Highway Code is NOT law, but contains many points which ARE law:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A685235

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

This outer lane hogging tends to be by idiots who think it's the 'fast lane' rather than the overtaking only lane. At congested times it's usually the slowest lane, due to said idiots creating shockwave jams. The highway code discourages undertaking but also encourages you to move over to the left most lane as soon as possible, which conflicts with the moronic behaviour.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 2 October 2009, 18:31.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X