• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nicotine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD
    You should try washing a carpet of a house that was previously occupied by a smoker. Showed the water from the carpet cleaner to my niece and nephew - they went "Ewwww". Then I made them smell the water.

I swear they will never smoke ever!
    Have you ever been to a farm? Any idea of the milk or cheese smell during production? I wonder what your stomach will smell like. Ever considered how much tulip cow/sheep eat that you will eat too? We must be full of it.

Can we try to figth the smoking campaign with intelligent ideas instead of this complete idiocy.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      Have you ever been to a farm? Any idea of the milk or cheese smell during production? I wonder what your stomach will smell like. Ever considered how much tulip cow/sheep eat that you will eat too? We must be full of it.
      When I were a lad I had a cleaning job at a small bakery. The smell of old dough when cleaned up is rank. Bread eating in public places should definitely be banned.

Comment

Can we try to figth the smoking campaign with intelligent ideas instead of this complete idiocy.
        Easy Franko! Yes, I've been and worked in a farm and it stinks to fcuking high heaven. My stomach is full of beer so my stools smell absolutely foul on a daily basis so it's an achievement I actually keep my breakfast down each morning.

Whatever I did with my niece and nephew, right or wrong, in this day of political correctness, absolution of self-responsibility, blame culture, public sector parasites, health and safety Nazis, I know that they will think twice about taking up the habit.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
          [CUT]
          Whatever I did with my niece and nephew, right or wrong, in this day of political correctness, absolution of self-responsibility, blame culture, public sector parasites, health and safety Nazis, I know that they will think twice about taking up the habit.
          Problem is that I think they start mispainting the damage of smoking since you are a child. The whole idea that smoking damages bones growth is simply insane. That means that everybody is fcked anyway or that they are being treated as imbeciles. How about simply explaining the impact on the lungs, reduced breath and other medical facts rather then talking about witches and orcs?
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Problem is that I think they start mispainting the damage of smoking since you are a child. The whole idea that smoking damages bones growth is simply insane. That means that everybody is fcked anyway or that they are being treated as imbeciles. How about simply explaining the impact on the lungs, reduced breath and other medical facts rather then talking about witches and orcs?
            They were 5 and 6 years old at the time. I'm sure a lecture on shrinking blood vessels, formation of blood clots that can lead to heart attacks and other major cardiovascular problems would go way over their heads. A primal association should surfice for now.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
            X