• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slight overreaction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job he went through the "Six people or less" window.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      Good job he went through the "Six people or less" window.
      Your coat the denim jacket? - I'll get it for ya boyo!
      l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Hic

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
        16 months in chokey is a bit excessive.
        Maybe the 'had drunk two bottles of whisky before his 1983 Rolls-Royce ploughed into the supermarket' slightly influenced the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8274635.stm

A man who drove his Rolls Royce into a Tesco supermarket in Hampshire has been jailed for 16 months and banned from driving for five years.

Winchester Crown Court heard that Robert Caton, 50, of Cusden Drive, Andover, had a grudge against the shop over a failed delivery of a mattress.

Six people were injured in the incident on 20 May and it cost more than £20,000 to repair the damage caused.

What a twonk.
          Who would buy a mattress in Tescos FFS, especially someone with a Roller?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            A pikey?
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

You can buy a Roller for £5K
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                A petrol guzzling rust bucket no doubt.

I looked at some second hand rollers on the web a few months ago, and concluded that you couldn't get a decent one for under about £30K.

But I'd be happy to be corrected - always fancied one, but a recent and reliable model, and wouldn't want to pay more than around £20K tops.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A petrol guzzling rust bucket no doubt.

I looked at some second hand rollers on the web a few months ago, and concluded that you couldn't get a decent one for under about £30K.

But I'd be happy to be corrected - always fancied one, but a recent and reliable model, and wouldn't want to pay more than around £20K tops.
                  Gas guzzling, yes. Rust... no aluminum body.

Nice one for £7k here

http://www.uk-cars-for-sale.com/Rolls-Royce.cars4sale
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I once knew a chap who bought one for £5K. I then met a taxi driver who claimed that the unreliability of the thing had gained him enough fares to pay for his summer hols in Spain.

It had water sloshing around in the bottom of the doors too.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      I once knew a chap who bought one for £5K. I then met a taxi driver who claimed that the unreliability of the thing had gained him enough fares to pay for his summer hols in Spain.

It had water sloshing around in the bottom of the doors too.
                      I have never liked Rolls Royce cars. In the days when Mercedes were using fuel injection Rolls Royce were still using twin SU carburettors (like flitted on the old Mini Cooper). Rolls Royce were very prone to breakdowns particularly with electrical faults. I drive a C5, fantastic smooth ride and never had a breakdown.

Comment

Working...
                      X