• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Power of Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    I echo the words of the Prophet Jeremiah

"...But if I say, "I will not mention him
    or speak any more in his name,"
    his word is in my heart like a fire,
    a fire shut up in my bones.
    I am weary of holding it in;
    indeed, I cannot.

10 I hear many whispering,
    "Terror on every side!
    Report him! Let's report him!"
    All my friends
    are waiting for me to slip, saying,
    "Perhaps he will be deceived;
    then we will prevail over him
    and take our revenge on him."

11 But the LORD is with me like a mighty warrior;
    so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
    They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced;
    their dishonor will never be forgotten.

12 O LORD Almighty, you who examine the righteous
    and probe the heart and mind,
    let me see your vengeance upon them,
    for to you I have committed my cause.

13 Sing to the LORD!
    Give praise to the LORD!
    He rescues the life of the needy
    from the hands of the wicked.

..... " Jeremiah 20
    Yes Chico, but that is not what you do is it! You do not show people the light of your lord, nor do you sing his praises.

You present a twisted view of Christianity full of hate and propaganda. You spit your bile at those who do not follow your belief rather than showing them the way.

The best of it is you do not understand what you are doing.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Ah well, Satan is infinite in his cunning, eh?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        Ah well, Satan is infinite in his cunning, eh?

sasguru you would of course know all about satan's will as you are doing your bit to carry out for him.

LG

It those pesky atheists that get me. I have no time for them. I cannot contain my disdain and contempt for the self styled pompous atheists. By any yardstick atheism is not a logical position to hold and in their ignorance and arrogance they pontificate about being more intelligent than anyone else. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! For agnostics and followers of other beliefs I afford the same respect they afford me. Otherwise
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

It those pesky atheists that get me. I have no time for them. I cannot contain my disdain and contempt for the self styled pompous atheists. By any yardstick atheism is not a logical position to hold and in their ignorance and arrogance they pontificate about being more intelligent than anyone else. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! For agnostics and followers of other beliefs I afford the same respect they afford me. Otherwise

Gnnnnnnnh!

Resist!

Must. Not. Feed. The. Troll.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

sasguru you would of course know all about satan's will as you are doing your bit to carry out for him.
            How do you know you're not? Look at the end result of your presence on this forum. If you were truly a force for good, people might want to debate with you and find out more about your beliefs. But that is not the case, is it?
            A little more self-reflection would be apt, my friend.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              How do you know you're not? Look at the end result of your presence on this forum. If you were truly a force for good, people might want to debate with you and find out more about your beliefs. But that is not the case, is it?
              A little more self-reflection would be apt, my friend.
              When God came down to earth and preached being good, love forgiveness etc what they did the world do to him? So why would I ,his follower, be treated any different?
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

When God came down to earth and preached being good, love forgiveness etc what they did the world do to him? So why would I ,his follower, be treated any different?
                being good, love, forgiveness? What have these qualities to do with you?
                I see arrogance, vanity and stupidity.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

...good, love forgiveness etc ... So why would I ,his follower, be treated any different?
                  Argumentum ad ignorantiam dear boy...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

As Jesus said....

"18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. 23He who hates me hates my Father as well. 24If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.' "

John 15.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

LG

But Chico I are an atheist.
                      As I have told you before, this is not a position I have deliberately taken, not is it a belief.
                      It is a distinct lack of belief that forces me to be an atheis.
                      I do not believe in Go in much the same way I do not believe in the tooth fairy or Santa Claus.
                      That does not stop me having high moral values and yes some of those are influenced by Christianity, but I would suggest we would have come to those same values had Christianity never existed.

What makes you so right?
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X