• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Singapore!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Wifey has been offered a role with her firm in Singapore, just waiting on paperwork but looking good, probably by year end.

Yeehaw!

Anyone lived there, any advice on agencies, job hunting, accommodation (Actually, way of getting telly from here there - heard the tv is pretty dire)?
    Lucky you.

IIRC, Chef had a stint out there and, at the time, asked similar questions.

Might be worth checking some of his old posts or dropping him a PM.

Comment

any advice on agencies, job hunting, accommodation telly ?
      Schools?

You not got any reservations about getting someone else to raise your kids over there?

< I dont really have time for this today like, but what the hell - I love watching Snaw explode >
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        Schools?

You not got any reservations about getting someone else to raise your kids over there?

< I dont really have time for this today like, but what the hell - I love watching Snaw explode >
        No, I'll get some cheap Philippino lady of the night to double up and look after our kids as a day job

You love watching me explode? Have I got a celebrity sex tape out there you've worn out from repeated viewing?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Congrats Snaw

Do you have an idea of a budget for the move and the kind of things you'll need to do?

I want to do something similar for early next year so your experience would be really helpful.

How about starting a blog ?

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
            well done, Singapore is one of the nicest places on the planet (apart from the lack of seasons).

For accommodation I'd recommend the Central Square apartments.
            One of the most boring tedious places in the world I'm afraid,

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
              One of the most boring tedious places in the world I'm afraid,
              Maybe, but I got two young kids so I'm not exactly partying like Pete Doherty these days.

Anyway, been twice and I kinda like it, and want to spend some time living in Asia. We know three couples out there with kids and they all rave about it. Been in London coming up 6 years, way more than enough.

And no, I won't be writing as blog, but I'll update you on how it's going form time to time and you really want advice PM me and I'll happily share the expereices/knowledge we glean.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Maybe, but I got two young kids so I'm not exactly partying like Pete Doherty these days.

Anyway, been twice and I kinda like it, and want to spend some time living in Asia. We know three couples out there with kids and they all rave about it. Been in London coming up 6 years, way more than enough.

And no, I won't be writing as blog, but I'll update you on how it's going form time to time and you really want advice PM me and I'll happily share the expereices/knowledge we glean.
                Best of luck Snaw. Sounds like an exciting move.
                We may have our differences, but I sincerely offer my best wishes.

TLG.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I've a couple of mates out there who can recommend some establishments should you be interested in partying like Pete...

Edit: Well, maybe not like Pete. IIRC singapore takes a very dim view of partying like Pete.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There is a high network latency from here to Singapore...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      There is a high network latency from here to Singapore...
                      No sh!t sherlock!

But I guess it's ok to make up fake ping tests from there, eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X