• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/16112005/32...ic-debate.html

Police call for public debate on Policing in a modern society.

I say lets start the debate.

They want a discussion on protecting the public against terrorists whilst defending the publics freedoms etc etc.
    Should they be pro active or reactive?
    They want discussion on all aspects of Policing, I assume from terrorism to traffic.
    Whislt I want to be protected from terrorism I do not want to see the rights of the populace eroded in any way.
    I would give the Police the right to detain suspects for 90 days if they can produce evidence (even secretly) to a judge who will say yay or nay and I would give them that not just for terrorist but for any major crime. At the same time I would like to see rules that stop Police forces using this as an excuse to go on a fishing trip.

I want to see a responsible Police force who can be trusted to use the law properly and not abuse it to make their life easier.

It seems to me that our Police are more interested in meeting targets and raising revenue than they are in actualy protecting us from crime.
    We have seen huge increases in the Police crime figures, only to find the majority of succesful prosecutions are against motorists, who may have broken the law but, who have not comitted a crime against another person.

I want to see Police resources used to protect us from those who would do us harm.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

I think the Police should be privatised.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      I think the Police should be privatised.
      Yeah,

And get a new uniform.

Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

I think thats actually the new Navy uniform there wc2...easy to get confused I guess, what with the leg irons and everything.

And what pray tell is wrong with the current police uniform?

Comment

Working...
        X