• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not sure what to think?!?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Tell him you might consider it if the right job came along, but you prefer contract work.
    WSS: that's my stock answer.

Comment

If you've been on the bench a while go for it. I mean permanent doesn't mean forever. You can resign when you get a contract. Don't listen to the agent, you know yourself whether there are opportunities out there. Are there?
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not been on the bench that long at all. Two months exactly in the next week. I can hold out longer if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
          On the phone to an agent today. He asked me if I would reconsider becoming a permie. Advised me on the state of the competition. A contractor he has on his books with 20 years plus experience, MBA, Prince2 Practitioner and so many other qualifications asking for £280 a day. Been on the bench for months! Apologies if this is anybody here.

Part of me wants to think that the agent has lots of permie work and wants me to close down Ltd co. and give up the contract hunt. I said no and yes I do know things are bad but I still feel confident that something will turn up. I have a few leads still.

Thoughts?!?!
          My thoughts. Glibly tell the agent that this is the 10th call you've had this morning, and the previous 9 were for contract gigs. Then say you would not consider going permy in this market, not with all the contract offers you have on the table right now.

Then end the call saying you have to run as you have an interview to go to.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

On the phone to an agent today. He asked me if I would reconsider becoming a permie. Advised me on the state of the competition. A contractor he has on his books with 20 years plus experience, MBA, Prince2 Practitioner and so many other qualifications asking for £280 a day. Been on the bench for months! Apologies if this is anybody here.
            Just shows the value of an MBA. Perhaps if he removed from his CV he could get 100 quid more.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Am sure the character was completely invented when I think about it.

Comment

Am sure the character was completely invented when I think about it.
                No! For Real? !!!
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X