• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is the Quality of PMs so low?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Sobs uncontrollably into his pint,

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????? ???????

Aw bless
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Not too much longer, then SY01 will be coming out for a pint (with the laydees) and laughing.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Not too much longer, then SY01 will be coming out for a pint (with the laydees) and laughing.
        You bet.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Question then for all you people who PM out there

If the project is delayed due to non delivery by a team member is that your fault as PM or thier fault?
          The PM's fault for not being on top of the project and not escalating it early enough.

Next

If you address this with the non delivering member's boss and they have limited interest in the project they will back their staff member to the hilt whilst leaving you dangling in the wind - then what options do you have?
          If this was picked up early enough then the commitment of that department / manager or lack of commitment can be escalated to the steering group whilst also finding out why there is a delivery issue from this member of staff, otherwise, its hand's up PM get the rotten eggs pelted at you and find some recovery mechanism.

Biggest issue you will come across is the lack of cohesion at the Exec level - for example the MD wants a project done half the board think it is required half the board do not - one of the main reasons why half the projects we try to work on are doomed before the first Gant is even produced.
          This one is hard it depends on your relationship with the relevant board members however killing a project off "in time" is more effective that letting a bad one finish.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
          X