• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humph :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
    I lived in London for 20 years in various places(North,South and East) and suffered the usual multiple burgalries (once while we were asleep in the house), attempted assaults by psycho bored youths(no provocation), really crap schools etc. However I had some great times, great parties, great friends, great jobs. But there does come a time as you get a bit older when the violence, the rudeness, the dirt, the overpopulation, the traffic and the schools make you want to leave.
    Funny that coming up to middle age, lived in London all my life in various places, been burgled once, never been assaulted, never seen as much violence as I did when I lived up North for a year, live in a nice clean area with the lowest council tax in England, close to London's brilliant public transport so don't need to spend thousands on a car.
    Typing this in my garden office, looking at the apple tree and sipping a single malt.
    Go figure.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Funny that coming up to middle age, lived in London all my life in various places, been burgled once, never been assaulted, never seen as much violence as I did when I lived up North for a year, live in a nice clean area with the lowest council tax in England, close to London's brilliant public transport so don't need to spend thousands on a car.
      Typing this in my garden office, looking at the apple tree and sipping a single malt.
      Go figure.
      I would worry if I was paying you to provide statistical information.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Go figure.
        Is your little bit of paradise representative of the rest of the city? London has been caught with it's pants down so now what? I'd rather be living in the countryside when civil the unrest breaks out.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Is your little bit of paradise representative of the rest of the city? London has been caught with it's pants down so now what? I'd rather be living in the countryside when civil the unrest breaks out.
          You have been watching too many zombie movies.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            You have been watching too many zombie movies.
            Brrrains
            Oh I forgot, the pollution in London (jsut a few mins out and about results in black stuff up the beak) probably damages the brain and lungs so even zombies wouldn`t want to reside there.

joking aside, sas, which area of london do you live?

I would have been around the Chelsea overnight then through Pimlico then to drop someone off in Lambeth then South West towards the M3 I think passing Clapham as I tried to escape, not sure entirely as I was just following the Satnav while looking at the poor Londoners roaming the streets looking sad and grim
            Last edited by SuperZ; 18 September 2009, 21:43.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Is that available outside London?
              www.wharf.co.uk

but it doesn't have a classified sections

www.lourdes-estates.com
              www.alanselby.co.uk
              www.savills.co.uk
              www.lifestylepropertyagents.com
              www.franklynjames.co.uk
              www.fjlord.co.uk

This one does
              www.docklands24.co.uk/content/classifieds/
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I actually quite like London - I'm a city girl, (I grew up in the country and frankly think its overrated) I like the buzz. What I don't enjoy about London is the tube. I also miss home life, BUT I do get to go out and do stuff I wouldn't normally do at home, because I'm on my own and don't need a babysitter.
                So make the most of it - and come along to the pub
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                X