• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Overseas - Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that the UK and Australia have a tax treaty:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/pdfs/uk-australia-dtc.pdf

What I would prefer to do for now is work (offshore) in Australia and be paid into the UK company. This would be preferable at the moment as I've only done 4 weeks work this year but racked up a huge amount of expenses, so for the next three months it would be beneficial to use my UK company.

If I'm working offshore then do I still need a visa? I seem to be limited to what visa I can get in Australia as I'm too old to get a Working Holiday Visa. A Skilled Worker Visa (156 or 157?) takes 18 months to process and costs 2500 ASD. The alternative is to get sponsored by a company (456 visa of the top of my head). My partner here has a company so theoretically she could sponsor me for the visa assuming I can then work for other companies.

There seem to be so many alternatives and I'm a bit baffled at the moment. I've never done anything like this before so I'm a duck out of water.

Comment

Working...
    X