• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Londinium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    a Youth Hostel right in the centre of London
    Is it where you share a room with 17 strangers and have to use your laptop as a pillow to ensure that it does not get stolen ?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      I've banged on about the Youth Hostels on here before, but I know a lot of people aren't comfortable with that idea. Still, didn't want them to be left out as an option. I'm actually more comfortable with a Youth Hostel right in the centre of London than a flat share or a Travelodge miles out of town.
      Are you talking YHA Youth Hostels or YMCA ?

From my experience of YHA you had to sleep in bunk beds in a dorm, maybe it's all changed now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
        Is it where you share a room with 17 strangers and have to use your laptop as a pillow to ensure that it does not get stolen ?
        Yes. It also helps if you are a pillow biter.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          So I reckon there would be demand for medium-to-long term accomodation (without the 6-month SAT) in centralish London (say zones 2/3) in say, a large bedsit with ensuite bathroom, maybe with a microwave, at around the £400-450 pcm mark?

Hmmm, is this a good plan B if the sums work out. Will look into it.
          Yep. I'd want a minimum of kettle, fridge and something to cook with, glasses, crockery etc.

Do calculate some "down time" in between lets when doing your sums.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Yep. I'd want a minimum of kettle, fridge and something to cook with, glasses, crockery etc.

FFS. Would you a like butler too?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I sometimes think there's a market for people to crash down for the night in a box not much bigger than a coffin, but much cheaper and with builtin TV. You could probably fit hundreds of them in a space as large as a house. Might get complaints from elf and safety though.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                I sometimes think there's a market for people to crash down for the night in a box not much bigger than a coffin, but much cheaper and with builtin TV. You could probably fit hundreds of them in a space as large as a house. Might get complaints from elf and safety though.
                This is exactly what Formule 1 offers.

Formule 1 London Barking
                Parking
                From 33.00 GBP

I am sure there are also dozens if not hundreds of private "guest houses" using the same concept. Seen several houses along Ealing road converted to private hotels recently.

Comment

This is exactly what Formule 1 offers.

Formule 1 London Barking
                  Parking
                  From 33.00 GBP

I am sure there are also dozens if not hundreds of private "guest houses" using the same concept. Seen several houses along Ealing road converted to private hotels recently.
                  £33 per night?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    £33 per night?
                    what else do you expect it to be, hour, week ?

Comment

what else do you expect it to be, hour, week ?
                      You could get a nice flat share or bedsit for a fraction of that price.

Comment

Working...
                      X