• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT can be so cruel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hard to believe people in your place are micro managing segments of 2 hours work and making judgements upon yourself on that.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I find it hard to believe people in your place are micro managing segments of 2 hours work and making judgements upon yourself on that.
      Good point. I think it is the environment I work in. They do it, so you do it. Praps I just need some sleep/Kronenbourg.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Just get your timesheet signed and stop GAF. Oh, and have that Kronenbourg. You've deserved it!
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          Just get your timesheet signed and stop GAF. Oh, and have that Kronenbourg. You've deserved it!
          Normally would do the whole Miaow miaow thing, but no. You have done well young Swamp.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Good point. I think it is the environment I work in. They do it, so you do it. Praps I just need some sleep/Kronenbourg.
            Actually, I was suggesting you were talking crap.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Actually, I was suggesting you were talking crap.
              Actually, he's not. You just have to get past the point where you feel sick every day and get on with it. It takes time, but you have to do it and every day is better.
              What did I do? Got fed up with feeling sick and started thinking 'Hey - what is the worst that can happen if I stick to my guns?'. I guess you have to think that you are being paid for your advice and if they didn't want that, well, their mistake then. it doesn't mean you have to get abusive or rude btw - just keep plugging away.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Actually, he's not. You just have to get past the point where you feel sick every day and get on with it. It takes time, but you have to do it and every day is better.
                What did I do? Got fed up with feeling sick and started thinking 'Hey - what is the worst that can happen if I stick to my guns?'. I guess you have to think that you are being paid for your advice and if they didn't want that, well, their mistake then. it doesn't mean you have to get abusive or rude btw - just keep plugging away.
                I am on this learning curve right now and it has given me much needed self confidence. I would thank you again Zips, but people may talk.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  I am doing this gig to get experience of London Markets
                  Ooooohhh. You're working in the City in banking / investments / money business. That explains everything.

My nine months in an asset management outfit were so bad only people who have worked in the City actually believe some of the abuse, incredible decision-making, insane management and spectacular incompetence that went on.

SuitYou, you are working with a bunch of inhuman, vicious and complete and utter cnuts. Remember that at all times. It's not you; it's them.
                  Last edited by RichardCranium; 16 September 2009, 23:56. Reason: I carnt spel manglement.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Im in the city right now and it's par for the course. Fight your cause always. Always stand up for what you believe is right and yourself, but always be professional. Then have 3 (min) beers at lunch and sit back and enjoy the afternoon.

Comment

three beers.. minimum, so true.

There is a very fine line between standing your ground and being too frank. I'm an aussie so they gave me a wider line than normal, but even i was suprised at how lound they barked and how soft they were if you didn't pay homage to their class.

Comment

Working...
                      X