• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we did use a trap that caught em without killing but you end up having to wash the tulip out of it each time they get in there. plus you have to deal with live rodent as you are trying to rush out of house in morning with kids wanting to play with it. We've had at least 50 over years using the little nippers but they do get a bit bloody and wake you up as little chappie is thrashing around the kitchen in the middle of the night. makes their eyes pop out too if it catches em in middle of skull.

Comment

To get rid of the mouse once caught you need:

One metre of scaffold.
      One scaffold end piece.
      15mm drill
      12v battery
      One HT coil
      One HT lead
      One spark plug
      1 cc of petroleum.

Correctly assembled the mouse can be launched (live) to a distance several blocks away.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
        Tulip,

Little barstewards infesting my flat.

Woke up at 4h30 to find one tucking into my organic apples!

Any tips on how to get rid of them, my requirements are non-toxic as I have a dog and want to limit collateral damage, but humane dispatching of said pestilence is an optional requirement.

Sunny "mouse sh i te between my toes" san
        Are you related to Wilmslow?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          To get rid of the mouse once caught you need:

One metre of scaffold.
          One scaffold end piece.
          15mm drill
          12v battery
          One HT coil
          One HT lead
          One spark plug
          1 cc of petroleum.

Correctly assembled the mouse can be launched (live) to a distance several blocks away.
          I like the sound of this but can not see how to fire it without the rodent becoming toast.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            I like the sound of this but can not see how to fire it without the rodent becoming toast.
            Mouses can survive more g-forces than we can. You can drop a mouse down a mine shaft and it will survive. So firing one from a petrol-fuelled cannon and have it survive might well be plausible.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Mouses can survive more g-forces than we can. You can drop a mouse down a mine shaft and it will survive. So firing one from a petrol-fuelled cannon and have it survive might well be plausible.
              I get that bit but there is no mention of a container or barrier in the original spec to protect the mouse from the petrol explosion. It will be a crisp before it leaves the tube. Imagine the nighbours cats surprise when a ready cooked meal lands on its doorstep.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                I get that bit but there is no mention of a container or barrier in the original spec to protect the mouse from the petrol explosion. It will be a crisp before it leaves the tube. Imagine the nighbours cats surprise when a ready cooked meal lands on its doorstep.
                Flied mice!

What about wadding such as used in a musket?
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X