• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market collapse in October

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    They're meant to be tulip hot though. So we will probably get a bounce

Moight be worth a little flutter ...
    CNBC are touting them as tulip hot, which means it will sink

Could also be a case of buy the rumour, sell the news.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Sounds like a gamble to me!

I've bet on a bounce, so sit back and watch the bugga sink!
      l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
        Sounds like a gamble to me!

I've bet on a bounce, so sit back and watch the bugga sink!
        Well I've made 150 pips on a FTSE short so far, I'm just holding for now.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Well I've made 150 pips on a FTSE short so far, I'm just holding for now.
          Well do me a favour and tell me when you're Buying/Selling will ya. My trades are going about as well as a wet fart!

Do you trade full time?

How many shares do you trade at a time?

Comment

Well do me a favour and tell me when you're Buying/Selling will ya. My trades are going about as well as a wet fart!

Gambling

Comment

Day trading is a mugs game. Most rational people undersatnd that the stock market is a random system at that level of time.
              So while I have a long term portfolio of shares which I don't touch (stock markets usually go up), I have a "playing fund" (dating from the late 90s) that I amuse myself with. But make no mistake, I am prepared to lose everything in the playing fund - I don't fool myself that I can predict a random system, although I think you cna predict to some extent mass human psychology.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I agree. I am 20% up this year using day trading, much better than 3% offered by the banks.
                however if I had only bought and hold dow index from march I would be up 50% and much less risky but then hindsight is 20/20

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Day trading is a mugs game. Most rational people undersatnd that the stock market is a random system at that level of time.
                  So while I have a long term portfolio of shares which I don't touch (stock markets usually go up), I have a "playing fund" (dating from the late 90s) that I amuse myself with. But make no mistake, I am prepared to lose everything in the playing fund - I don't fool myself that I can predict a random system, although I think you cna predict to some extent mass human psychology.

How do you pick what goes in your portfolio?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    I agree. I am 20% up this year using day trading, much better than 3% offered by the banks.
                    however if I had only bought and hold dow index from march I would be up 50% and much less risky but then hindsight is 20/20
                    What a beautiful thing!

Comment

How do you pick what goes in your portfolio?
                      Reading the press and making up my own mind.
                      One thing I did very well out of was getting banking shares when they fell to ridiculous levels. That was a no-brainer as it was clear that the govt would never let them fail.
                      I always hold some pharma stocks - theye are a good long term bet as people get older. I didn't predict swine flu but glad I had GSK now.
                      Also when the economy improves, mining and commodities .

Basically it ain't rocket science and is better than letting some stupid spotty oik in the City manage for you.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X