• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV Chef with a 'liking for wine'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock and roll chef from the old school,
    Godspeed Mr Floyd

Comment

I loved how he described other celeb chefs as "a bunch of cnuts!"

RIP Keith.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Never really been into cookery programmes per se but I used to enjoy his shows. I particularly liked the ones he did on France and Spain. He also had good taste in music, I seem to recall he used to feature music by The Stranglers in his shows. Whether or not he was friends with Hugh Cornwall I don't know but I think they were both based in Bristol at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          Whether or not he was friends with Hugh Cornwall I don't know but I think they were both based in Bristol at one time.
          They used to gig at one of his places I seem to remember.

Comment

I really liked him. I know that he had some financial difficulties a while back and was getting back on his feet. Shame. I really liked his style.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

A charismatic and entertaining guy. Such sad news. R.I.P.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Indeed, a very entertaining TV Chef, with more appeal than the likes of JO.

I just hope that if they cremate him, the public are advised to stand well back.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  I really liked him. I know that he had some financial difficulties a while back and was getting back on his feet. Shame. I really liked his style.
                  Apparently he bought a round that cost £ 35,000, and was subsequently made bankrupt.

I didn't think they sold alcohol in Wembley stadium.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Was listening to an obituary about him last night on radio 4, the guy was awesome.

He called Gordon Ramsey a *****. Then when asked why the fell out with his producer he answered " because he was being a *****". He was then asked how they managed to patch things up, "He appologised for being a *****."

Comment

Looks like he died during or shortly after watching the documentary Keith Floyd died hours after lunch to celebrate cancer all-clear. After having said he felt better than he had for years.

...had settled down on the sofa to watch a Channel 4 documentary about his 25 years in the public eye when he suffered the heart attack and lost consciousness.

Comment

Working...
                      X