• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So at the airport this morning...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You can buy flamable materials and knives airside.

Really? Never seen such a thing at Heathrow.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Really? Never seen such a thing at Heathrow.
      Vodka is flammable.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Vodka is flammable.
        MMmmm voddie ...
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Vodka is flammable.
          Is it?

I would not have thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            It is mostly for show anyway which is why it is so annoying.
            Terrorist A carries 200ml of explosive component A, terrorist B carries..... well you get the picture.
            Is a suicide bomber likely to have a problem drinking something that will kill them?
            You can buy flamable materials and knives airside.
            A champoo bottle makes an effective club.
            Broken bottles from duty free make good enough weapons too.

A few months ago I was surprised to find the 8" screwdriver I had been using at the weekend in the pocket of my overcoat after arriving in Germany. Manc airport scanners completely missed it.
            I've been flying through Geneva every week since April and their security is a joke. One week this lad realised he'd left his Leatherman in his carry on luggage and his mum hid it in her bag. The X Ray picked it up and the security guy found it, looked at it, looked at her and than gave it back - even though it has a blade on it.

I saw an indian bloke pass through with large bottles strapped to his laptop bag. He got one of his kids to drink from them and they let them go. 2 points spring to mind - 1 they could have had a false bottom as the containers were not see through. So drinking from them proves nowt. 2 - if the contents were dangerous, as they were on a family suicide mission what sort of a test is taking a drink?

I passed through security with a normal sized bottle of shower gel and shampoo and they failed to spot either - both were about 250ml in size.

Also I think (I'll check this week) that you can buy swiss army knives airside.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              I've been flying through Geneva every week since April and their security is a joke. One week this lad realised he'd left his Leatherman in his carry on luggage and his mum hid it in her bag. The X Ray picked it up and the security guy found it, looked at it, looked at her and than gave it back - even though it has a blade on it.

I saw an indian bloke pass through with large bottles strapped to his laptop bag. He got one of his kids to drink from them and they let them go. 2 points spring to mind - 1 they could have had a false bottom as the containers were not see through. So drinking from them proves nowt. 2 - if the contents were dangerous, as they were on a family suicide mission what sort of a test is taking a drink?

I passed through security with a normal sized bottle of shower gel and shampoo and they failed to spot either - both were about 250ml in size.

Also I think (I'll check this week) that you can buy swiss army knives airside.
              Try carrying a block of cheddar or an xmas pudding through...
              B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                On the same trip another mate was asked if he had packed anything sharp to which he replied "a lemon" ...didn't even raise a smile.

Brilliant joke

Comment

Do you know airports have been wanting to stop people taking liquids through for many years so they could increase sales in the waiting areas.

These 'terrorists' are a god-send.

Also does anyone but me see the parallels between this case and the Guildford Four and Maguire Seven? Give it a few years and they'll all be out with massive compensation cheques.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    Do you know airports have been wanting to stop people taking liquids through for many years so they could increase sales in the waiting areas.
                    doesn't apply to me, 8 or 9 mins from walking through Manchester Airport main doors to the plane waiting for my free drinks, no messing around "packed it, booked it, f##ked off"
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                      And also their insistence on ever earlier check-in times that are rare in the rest of the world.

I can't see how this should be of any concern to contractors.

I usually find that I am provided with ample supplies of drinks and snacks in the Business Class lounge.

Comment

Working...
                      X