• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's never too late to say sorry ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Gordon Brown's ploy to appeal to the gay vote, Alan Turin was gay of course and he thinks that it will swing voters his way (ooer missus).

but no I reckon that the gay community probably knows better, poor old Gordon going pink won't work out for him.

Comment

Bristolians were expected to apologise for the slave trade, as a white man born more than 200 years after it was abolished I have supposedly benefited so it's only fair.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I don't necessarily believe we should apologise for the past (we didn't inflict this bigotry on people after all). I just thought it was a terrible incident in our past, given that we now lavish praise on our 'unsung' heroes of Bletchley.

The man was a genius and he was treated cruelly, so we should remember that and make sure it doesn't happen again.

<zip lecture ends>
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I don't necessarily believe we should apologise for the past (we didn't inflict this bigotry on people after all). I just thought it was a terrible incident in our past, given that we now lavish praise on our 'unsung' heroes of Bletchley.

The man was a genius and he was treated cruelly, so we should remember that and make sure it doesn't happen again.

<zip lecture ends>
          As Zippy said, the man achieved great thing's and then was slated. As to whether the current government should apologise? Well they are the only one's who can, if you disagree get back to the Daily Mail or summit!

Comment

I think Thatcher should apologise for wanting to keep millions of suppressed Germans behind a wall for commercial reasons... Not to mention the Belgrano.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I think Thatcher should apologise for wanting to keep millions of suppressed Germans behind a wall for commercial reasons... Not to mention the Belgrano.
              Wish I could find the Spitting Image Belgrano sketch on YouTube
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Yep, think an not type eh!?

Comment

Working...
                X