• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why save in British banks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
    My Grandfather moved money to Australia when the UK looked like going tits up in the early 1970s.

His UK Bank Manager gave him a lecture about being 'unpatriotic' when he did it.

It will be down to the individual bank as to whether they will accept overseas customers, but it looks like they are keen to sign up people that are migrating there so it should be possible.

http://www.anz.com.au/personal/trave...paring-europe/

The only downside that I can see is that they won't let you withdraw any money until you have turned up at one of their branches to introduce yourself in person. The cost of the journey over there to do this may negate any savings that you could make.
    Hmm, thanks for the info. I'm about due another visit to OZ, but nevertheless the need to turn up in person part makes me wonder how easy it would be to transfer funds out later, without being there in person again.

Comment

Working...
    X