• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with the help....I need your help PLEASE READ

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know someone who had a similar experience when threatened by someone - single girl, threatened by an ex, plods couldn't be arsed...typical lazy overpaid civil service attitude...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      I am quiet disappointed in the service, it was a real shock I thought that bobbies were on our side. But last night it just seems that we were too much trouble to bother with
      IMO the modern role of a bobby is enforcement of tax/ revenue collection.

It is a shame, but it seems if you land up in this situation you have to deal with it yourself, either through small claims or other ways. But then it becomes a crime on you if you take the matter in your own hands if you know what I mean.

However, I think the main problem lies in the fact that you have already paid up for the labour. You owe him for the things he has purchased on your behalf if I have read it right.

I would love to know the total cost of the bathroom, broken down into labour and materials.

Comment

The enquiry officer (read receptionist) would not log anything.

As strong letter will be going out to my MP and the Chief Plod tonight.

I am quiet disappointed in the service, it was a real shock I thought that bobbies were on our side. But last night it just seems that we were too much trouble to bother with
        The few dealings I have had with the police have lead me to feel exactly the same.

Years ago my car was hit by a drink driver - pissed up bloke left a pub. An argument started and a bloke called the police because he thought a fight was about to kick off. Then this bloke gets into his car and reverses it into mine. The witness gave the reg details which plod lost. I went to see the police and they suggested I interview the witness.

When my car was broken into they couldn't be arsed sending anybody round the corner, but then I didn't really expect them to. I called for my crime number and was told I could have one in 2 days. I called back 2 days later and was told that they were understaffed and stil could not issue one. He was ranting at me for wanting the number in the timescales he gave out.

A few months ago I posted on here about my daughters mate being beaten up by two other girls. She gave a statement under the strict instruction that this girl was not to know that she had given one. What did the copper do - got straight into his car and drove to this girls house, read her my daughters statement and told her who gave it.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I learnt some time ago that Plod aren't interested in you unless you are a criminal (and then only if you are an easy target). Getting stopped every ten seconds and given a producer was miserable - getting the lecture every time that I was commiting further offences by lying (I wasn't) and then being kept waiting for ages in plod station by an offensively rude git who knew nothing about basic driving licences and being told I must've been doing something wrong to have attracted attention (I wasn't) taught me that they make their own rules and we have no rights at all.

I made an official complaint once - the coppers involved lied to avoid any censure.

I used to think you could trust Plod. You really can't - sadly, and it's a shame because there are a few decent ones.

Comment

That is bad. List all your evidence in the letters and make sure you keep the text messages.

I suggest the best way to screw over the little fcker is to grass him up to HMRC/DWP. They seem to be a lot more 'proactive' than the cops.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Phone the police and tell them you have a gun under your pillow ready for when the dodgy tradesman breaks in.

They will be round quicker than you can say "it's a stitch-up".
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

I suggest the best way to screw over the little fcker is to grass him up to HMRC/DWP. They seem to be a lot more 'proactive' than the cops.
                WHS. The HMRC are much more of a threat than the cops nowdays. You can often hear threats in streetfights of getting the Inland Revenue on ya - and ya family!!

Comment

I'm not sure where you live, but on an average day where I live (town down South) this is the sort of thing that goes on
                  • At least a few kids are reported missing
                  • A number of people will try and commit suicide
                  • Serious Road accidents
                  • Mental patients gone walkabouts
                  • Burglaries in progress
                  • Domestic and non-domestic violence in progress

99% of it is never reported in the media, hence the public get the impression the Police aren't doing that much.

So having someone come in and tell them a builder with keys may enter their property, probably wasn't top of their agenda. Also did you speak to an actual officer or was it just someone on the front desk?

Comment

Working...
                  X