• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with the help....I need your help PLEASE READ

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    It seems a tad unfair that we are having to pay for locks because of this crazy and yet we must pay him outstanding monies (not agreed) as well as our expense.....
    You are not changing the locks because of him, you are changing the locks because you feel insecure. It is therefore your problem.
    I understand your point, but I do not think the law would see it your way.

If what you have paid him covers the materials and the original quote then you owe him nothing.
    Depends if you want a fight. That can get unpleasant, stressful and time consuimng. You will probably get over the cost of the locks and being stung quicker and with less stress.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      You are not changing the locks because of him, you are changing the locks because you feel insecure.
      Not only that, your missus is possibly thinking that the scrote spent all day going through her knicker drawer.

Did he have the house to himself ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Not only that, your missus is possibly thinking that the scrote spent all day going through her knicker drawer.

Did he have the house to himself ?

Possibly
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

two caveats here...

cheapest quote

gave a supplier a key to your property

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            two caveats here...

cheapest quote

gave a supplier a key to your property

Milan.
            I hear what you are saying but we are really satisfied with the finished bathroom (well once we finished it off) so the cheapest quote was justified and we had a recommedation off a close family friend for the cowboy.

We also needed to give a key as we both go to work/gym very early in the morning.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Why can't you change the lock yourself? Max £45. Simples

Comment

Well Mrs BB and I popped down to our local bobbieshop last night to file a complaint against the cowboy for threatening to break into our home.

We were politely told that nothing would be done until the crime was committed. No complaint would be logged, no bobbie would go around to see cowboy and warn him off, nothing.

Well done for community policing, it just felt like they could not be bothered.

I wonder if there would be the same response if I gave information about someone planning to commit a bank robbery.

And they wonder why law-abiding citizens feel like victims

Comment

Well Mrs BB and I popped down to our local bobbieshop last night to file a complaint against the cowboy for threatening to break into our home.

We were politely told that nothing would be done until the crime was committed. No complaint would be logged, no bobbie would go around to see cowboy and warn him off, nothing.

I wonder if there would be the same response if I gave information about someone planning to commit a bank robbery.

Seems odd. There are at least 2 high profile cases being reported at the moment of people "plotting" to cause explosions.

The builder has already commited at least on breach of the peace offence.

Strong letter to the Chief Constable is in order. Point out that you will be holding him responsible should anything untoward happen to you or your property.

You could just change the locks and leave it at that.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

But you have raised it with them so if something does happen your concern before the event has been logged. You could seriously screw him up now.

Book a weekend away and get a mate to let himself in and take a few nice items. Then on your return contact the police. As there was no break in then it must have been done with a key - who besides you has a key? Then plod might put 2 and 2 together.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      Seems odd. There are at least 2 high profile cases being reported at the moment of people "plotting" to cause explosions.

The builder has already commited at least on breach of the peace offence.

Strong letter to the Chief Constable is in order. Point out that you will be holding him responsible should anything untoward happen to you or your property.

You could just change the locks and leave it at that.
                      The enquiry officer (read receptionist) would not log anything.

As strong letter will be going out to my MP and the Chief Plod tonight.

I am quiet disappointed in the service, it was a real shock I thought that bobbies were on our side. But last night it just seems that we were too much trouble to bother with

Comment

Working...
                      X