• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Scrabble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Scrabble

I just lost a game of scrabble. I never lose - and against an american.

I had my trusty scrabble dictionary in front of me and played the word AG. Aha says I and challenge it. American for farming he tells me as the computer doesnt take up the challenge. So I place two words from the english book and he challenges. In fact at one point he challenged 4 bloody words on the go won them all, I challenged three and lost them all.

Its our bloody language!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My return match I trounced him 377 to 302 even though I lost 6 goes to challenges.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Give me a "p" Bob.

Oh sorry - wrong game.

Comment

SKA generated me a list of 67 mln unique words from 50 mln web pages. That's right - so FKING many unique words, I can sell the dictionary to you MF for a modest sum of £ 1 k.

Comment

Just written one. Now watch this you f----ing yanks

Comment

ATW: mln and fking aren't words. Please take them off your list

MF: "f----ing" - shouldn't that be f---ing? No wonder you're so flipping rubbish at scrabble.

TL (with the L on a double letter score)

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
            ATW: mln and fking aren't words.
            And what do you call them - numbers?

Comment

Actually its a right old load of bollocks the site I am on.

Ive won 5/8 games 6 voided all against higher opposition who quit on me, including one guy who waited until I placed the last word b4 doing so.

It appears that the tournement they are playing in allows you to quit without losing your ranking points. So typical american arseholes who cannot stand losing - quit as opposed to taking the beating they were getting.

Really annoyed me that has.

Comment

Do remember in American English "honour" has no 'u'.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Bad luck MF. Typical fair weather fighting from the US. They did learn something from Vietnam after all.

Comment

Working...
                  X