• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob Crow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why is it no surprise that you back this retrograde bunch of overpaid, work-shy individuals? The British working class and their sense of spurious entitlement to wages and benefits that cannot be justified by the level and quality of work done is the reason why this country is bankrupt.

HTH
    In any call for objective opinion, there will undoubtedly be input from the feeble-minded. On this forum that is generally supplied by our resident knucklehead sg. Mind you, he may be thicker than a whale omelette, but he IS, at least, punctual. Well done jellyhead, as relevant as ever!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      In any call for objective opinion, there will undoubtedly be input from the feeble-minded. On this forum that is generally supplied by our resident knucklehead sg. Mind you, he may be thicker than a whale omelette, but he IS, at least, punctual. Well done jellyhead, as relevant as ever!

wibble
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        i take it this was a joke? You cant actually crash a train anymore. There are soo many systems in place that youd have to have Superman behind it pushing it to crash!

Train Drivers job is a piece of piss - yet these scumbags get £35k for what?
        Maybe in Japan, but not in the UK. It's still possible to get a train to go past a red signal if you feel like it. Its the responsibility they have that gets them the bucks.

It's actually easier to fly a plane, but you don't complain about pilots being paid a fortune (do you?).
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          It's actually easier to fly a plane, but you don't complain about pilots being paid a fortune (do you?).

Are you me?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
            What is the barrier to entry to becoming a train driver?
            Aside that is, from being able to stay awake.

These guys are overpaid layabouts and Bob Crow is a complete ****.
            This might help you overcome your bigotry, if you can be arsed to click the link and engage your brain.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              This might help you overcome your bigotry, if you can be arsed to click the link and engage your brain.
              Nothing there to say they do more than pilots
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Nothing there to say they do more than pilots
                I might have been exaggerating.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
                  "There are a wide range of rules and regulations to learn "

Wow. Similar requirement for cycling proficiency

"and drivers must be able to diagnose faults and deal safely with failures both with the trains themselves and the infrastructure on which they run"

That's utter b*******.

If there is a structural fault on the track. You have a choice of either stopping sharpish or derailing. Diagnosis at 100 mph would be impressive however

"Route learning is also a lengthy process"

etc, etc.

I'd say 20K max.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
                    I'd say 20K max.
                    About the same as most IT contractors then...

Comment

They still smoke fags in the cabin with the window open which means that the smoke just gets blown in and down the carriage.

if I had a smoke on a train I would be fined and probably convicted of something, if you are a member of a rail union you can smoke as much as you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X