• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bob Crow

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bob Crow"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    Would it require highly paid contractors?
    Oh yes, many.

Leave a comment:

• cupidstunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Indeed. It would also be considerably more expensive to implement than many years of paying salaries.
    Would it require highly paid contractors?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    If ever a job was ripe for automation this is it.
    An automated system done correctly would eliminate human error, laziness and general bolshieness.
    Indeed. It would also be considerably more expensive to implement than many years of paying salaries.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    British Management..........you wouldn't follow them out of a burning building!!!
    I literally did that once, the thick bu%%&^%s let us out on the wrong side of the building where the fire was. We all back tracked. If I am in another fire, it straight out for me and no following stupid management or stupid fire marshals.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    well better a Liability than a tit? or is it? hmm i guess a tit can be useful. Hmmm let me ponder.
    No a tit, whether a mammary gland or a bird, has some point in life. A liability, by definition, is a pure negative.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Not on the Tube or ATP equipped lines
    Channel Tunnel & HS1 only???

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    So to summarise this thread I think we're all agreed that liability is a complete liability again.

well better a Liability than a tit? or is it? hmm i guess a tit can be useful. Hmmm let me ponder.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Maybe in Japan, but not in the UK. It's still possible to get a train to go past a red signal if you feel like it. Its the responsibility they have that gets them the bucks.
    Not on the Tube or ATP equipped lines

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    i am reliably told that "that is bollox".

I shall revert back as to why that is the case - but the guy next to me has a brother who drives them on the Victoria Line and he will ask him.
    The HSE publish quarterly figures for SPAD's - Signals Passed at Danger.

mmmmmm

SPADs are only one of the potential precursors to catastrophic accidents on the railway. Under 3% of all train collisions and derailments over the last 30 years have been directly caused by SPADs. Since the introduction of the train protection and warning system (TPWS) serious SPAD incidents, and the risk arising from SPADs have been greatly reduced.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
    What is the barrier to entry to becoming a train driver?
    Aside that is, from being able to stay awake.

These guys are overpaid layabouts and Bob Crow is a complete ****.
    Agreed. The man's a complete ****-bucket.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    liability is a complete liability again.

Hey, that's my line

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Seeing as the whole thread is about London Midland, and Train Drivers I've never been talking about anything else.
    So to summarise this thread I think we're all agreed that liability is a complete liability again.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    so are you now talking about National Rail trains only?
    Seeing as the whole thread is about London Midland, and Train Drivers I've never been talking about anything else.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So to summarise this thread I think we're all agreed that SB is talking utter bollux again.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Tube Train <> National Rail
    so are you now talking about National Rail trains only?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X