• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long will SY01 last...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torran View Post
    But surely its attention in general you crave.
    life without bullies or numpties getting in the way off an honest decent hard days work.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

So, how's day 2 of "I AM A CONTRACTOR" going?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        So, how's day 2 of "I AM A CONTRACTOR" going?
        Eerily well.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Eerily well.
          Good to see you found time to post on cuk.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            No. I say it will take 2 hours to do something, he is hounding me for it after 15 minutes.
            AArrgghhh

I used to have a PM who would do that. Literally 15 minutes after I've started on a piece of work that would take a few hours I would get the rather vague "How's it going?"
            I ended up giving a simple "Fine thanks" reply everytime he asked untill he complained to my department manager about unprofessional behaviour

Despite that he was actually a damn good project manager, he just didn't seem to understand the concept of programmers needing to think about a problem first instead of diving in head first and creating even more issues.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Weeeeeeeell,

a brief update for you all (cos I know you care)

I was just called into a project planning meeting to give input on what steps should be in the plan to prevent last week happening again.

Then after the meeting the PM said he was extremely pleased with my progress this week as I have got a lot more done than was expected (I am a legend)

He said he could understand the concerns I raised at the start of the week, and assured me that a more structured working environment was well under way. He was also delighted with the formal testing documents I have delivered as part of the new development work and acknowledged I was producing high quality documentation as well as staying on top of the development even though this was not asked for.

ANNNDDD he invited me for a beer after work.

So this is a huge improvement. Olive branch accepted, full steam ahead.

Comment

Told you - treat 'em mean etc. Pleased to hear it is going better this week.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                X