• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Twitter is good for business.

That is if your tweets are like a canary, rather than a crow.

HTH

Eh?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Twitter isn't for everyone, in the same way bulletin boards or blogs aren't. Some people like the sound of their own tone of voice a little too much, others see too much noise to signal, some like to be passive observers - or active facebook/myspace stalkers.

To each his own, but I like Twitter. By following the right people, by choosing carefully, doing your research, there's nothing like it for staying on top of industry trends and understanding the motives of the top people in your game.

I wouldn't be so quick to write Twitter off just because, like the rest of t'interweb, it's 98% rubbish to 2% brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        To each his own, but I like Twitter. By following the right people, by choosing carefully, doing your research, there's nothing like it for staying on top of industry trends and understanding the motives of the top people in your game.

I wouldn't be so quick to write Twitter off just because, like the rest of t'interweb, it's 98% rubbish to 2% brilliance.
        Well said that man, although I suspect the signal to noise ratio is even lower than you suggest. I've made some useful/interesting contacts via Twitter, and managed to blag myself onto the Microsoft BizSpark program via one in particular.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Do you know there's one place where this has not happened?

And its the good old tube.

Dead silence all the way for the most part and long may it continue.

I blame northeners. They like to witter and prattle about nothing.
          Pot Kettle Black
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
          X