• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Yeah - Twitter is a big TPD for the masses.
    You mean I invented twittering?
    Gah! Where's me royalties? mad
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
      i think it's something like the library i'm in right now, people have lost the ability to be alone with their thoughts and just need to talk or make some kind of pointless expression or fill their minds with rubbish all the flipping time!!! i'm so old...
      Do you know there's one place where this has not happened?

And its the good old tube.

Dead silence all the way for the most part and long may it continue.

I blame northeners. They like to witter and prattle about nothing.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not me.

Comment

Me, me, me, me.

I do it.

Well, sometimes I do.

I even have followers
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Dave went up in my estimation for that unguarded comment and I suspect I am not alone in this.
            What did he say?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Twitter is currently becoming popular, and being valued in the billions of dollars, because of it's possibilities as a real time search engine for news and trends.

If they can find a good way to monetise it (corporate accounts, advertising, micro-payments) then it *may* become the next Google.

*shudder*
              That all sounds horribly like marketing babble, apologies, and I'm a dev as well!

Comment

You don't become the next Google just by getting very rich. Twitter will lose popularity in the same way Facebook/Myspace will, as something else comes along. On the other hand, web-searching is a core feature OF the web rather than something people do ON the web.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  What did he say?
                  Originally posted by David Cameron
                  Politicians do have to think about what we say... Too many Twits might make a twat.
                  Quite right!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                    i think it's something like the library i'm in right now, people have lost the ability to be alone with their thoughts and just need to talk or make some kind of pointless expression or fill their minds with rubbish all the flipping time!!! i'm so old...
                    You may be old (as am I) but you're completely right, Boudica.

Everyone under 35 seems to think they are so 'interesting' (or ought to be) that we should all follow their every movement 24/7.

When they are not broadcasting torrents of information about nothing, they are downloading or spazzing out on their iPods and mobile phones.

They never stop. There is no silence. No rest from the relentless 'information'.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Twitter is good for business.

That is if your tweets are like a canary, rather than a crow.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X