• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 metre sea level rise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Ah! so a 7m rise is not necessarily a bad thing then?

Most of London gone

including the 2012 Olympic Park.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

including the 2012 Olympic Park.
      At least running the major events underwater would liven it up.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
        I am not sure how seriously I can take this piece of analysis.

The last time I walked past it, St Pauls Cathedral was on the top of a hill.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post

http://flood.firetree.net/ According to this interactive flood map it would take a bit more than 1 metre to flood all those places.

It would take over 14 metres to reach my house though by that time I would be on an island 3 miles out to sea.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post

It might add an element of entertainment to the London Eye ride though. Which is something it doesn't have at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              It might add an element of entertainment to the London Log Flume ride though. Which is something it doesn't have at the moment.
              Fixed

Comment

How could anything that puts London (and millions of the snooty mockney t0ssers that infest the place!) over twenty feet underwater ever be construed as a negative event? Bring it on!!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  How could anything that puts London (and millions of the snooty mockney t0ssers that infest the place!) over twenty feet underwater ever be construed as a negative event? Bring it on!!!
                  38% of the the Irish in England live in London

Cool
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    38% of the the Irish in England live in London
                    Yes, but most of them can remember how to swim. The majority of native Londoners think it is someone else's job to do that for them.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Yes, but most of them can remember how to swim. The majority of native Londoners think it is someone else's job to do that for them.
                      Hopefully the rise in the water level will originate in South Devon before getting to London.

Comment

Working...
                      X