• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of Earth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of Earth

Earth.

I've always thought this is a poxy name for my planet. Grubby and boring. All the other planets in the solar system have great names (except Uranus), so why can't ours? Who named it Earth, anyway?

I want to rename it.

How about allah akbar?
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Terra

You could call it Terra if you want to feel sci fi.

Apparently the stuff we walk on was named first. Eventually people realised it is another planet and well couldn't be bothered to rename it.

Comment

I thought it was called gayer or something
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sector 001 - Centre of our universe.
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Galileo discovered we are not at the center of the universe a few hundred years ago. Most of the churches changed their minds after a while too.

Comment

"Mud" not Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
                Galileo discovered we are not at the center of the universe a few hundred years ago. Most of the churches changed their minds after a while too.
                Ermm Jabber you Yanks do not get irony do you? Sector 001 (centre of our universe) is a science fiction reference!!!
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by messiah
                  "Mud" not Earth.
                  Whats Mud go to do with it

Thats right, Thats right, Thats right, I really love you tiger light.....
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

that's neat
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X