• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any (sensible) advice....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensible advice? On here...
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, the quality is as variable as I expected from this forum

I'm actually trying to stay out of the pubs if possible, drinking on my own usually gets me into bother of one sort or another. Plus I need a relatively clear head while I'm here, big project go-live on Monday.

The worst part is, just to add insult to injury, all you lot down South have got Monday off while I'll be slaving away.

So the NickFitz's "walk on the beach" suggestion wins the mystery prize... one hotel bathrobe on its way, only slightly used.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        My cousin worked there for a few years and he said it wasn't that bad (if you don't mind getting pissed every night)
        How long have you been working for the Aberdeen Tourist Board?

Nomadd
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Go to the Aberdeen docks area and find the roughest pub you can. In a nice Home Counties accent, order a Piña Colada.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
          X